Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VCDS/CARISTA/VAG/DIAGNOSTIC DEVICES

Depends what you are looking to do. I have Carista which is good for making some tweaks (large MPH, needle sweep, tear drop wipe etc) but when recently having a fault code it didn’t too much detailed info to help. I had to google code and even then not conclusive.
Did you have any joy finding any more detailed information re fault codes?
We have a fault code which we googled but are none the wiser.
Does any one know how / where to look to find information on specific codes please?

Might I ask what the code is please?

Pity we are in lock-down as I'm not too far away from you down here in Telford and could use VCDS to have a look for you.

Obdeleven Pro does according to the forum.
You may not need to recode a new starter battery.
I fitted one last year and although I have VCDS and found a way to do it in the event it didn't need a recode. Provided you replace with like for like I think you should be ok. Seems a bit of a grey area anyway as the exisiting codes for my old battery didn't match the battery that was in there.

Might I ask what the code is please?

Pity we are in lock-down as I'm not too far away from you down here in Telford and could use VCDS to have a look for you.
Hi, thank you you’re very kind - It’s 13654544
2 year old Beach, last serviced end of May, only 11000+ miles limited use 2020 due to Covid.
Couple of months ago yellow oil warning came on saying low oil. It’s not used for short journeys.
Took to Halfords they checked & put half litre of oil in.
On run up to Lakes a week ago after 62 miles & engine warmed same warning light but now saying too much oil!
Knowing nothing about engines I’m wondering if the sensor is faulty?
It’s now booked in for a diagnostic in ten days.
I purchased Carista but tbh don’t know how to use it to check a fault.

Hi,

Have a look here https://www.t6forum.com/threads/fault-codes.1914/

Have you changed the vehicle radio from the original OEM one? This could explain that error I believe. The forum that the above is from is very reliable and the person 'Pauly' who replied to that query is the administrator of said forum and very knowledgeable. He is correct in saying that if the CAN gateway is configured with a module that is missing it will report that as a fault.

As for the oil level indication I would rely more on the dipstick indication rather that the electronics and certainly not Halfords! Over filling is potentially damaging but by half a litre should not be too much of a worry.
Dip the level with the dipstick (yellow loop handle in the middle of the engine bay) with the engine cold and vehicle parked level and see where it shows on the stick. If you are worried about it have your dealer or reliable independent confirm the situation.

Hi,

Have a look here https://www.t6forum.com/threads/fault-codes.1914/

Have you changed the vehicle radio from the original OEM one? This could explain that error I believe. The forum that the above is from is very reliable and the person 'Pauly' who replied to that query is the administrator of said forum and very knowledgeable. He is correct in saying that if the CAN gateway is configured with a module that is missing it will report that as a fault.

As for the oil level indication I would rely more on the dipstick indication rather that the electronics and certainly not Halfords! Over filling is potentially damaging but by half a litre should not be too much of a worry.
Dip the level with the dipstick (yellow loop handle in the middle of the engine bay) with the engine cold and vehicle parked level and see where it shows on the stick. If you are worried about it have your dealer or reliable independent confirm the situation.
Thanks, I checked the oil level yesterday it showed maximum.
When I bought the vehicle 18 months ago I had the dealer fit a reversing camera, to accommodate this the audio unit was changed at the same time.
This issue re the oil warning light is only recent.
Thank you for your help.

Ah so it looks as if you have the cause of the fault, maybe it is historical and its cause has been eliminated by recoding of the CAN gateway when the new head unit was fitted but the fault record not cleared. VCDS print out would show the last occurrences of the fault and may confirm the above, no doubt the dealers can confirm.

As for the oil situation, to give you peace of mind do as I said above.

Ah so it looks as if you have the cause of the fault, maybe it is historical and its cause has been eliminated by recoding of the CAN gateway when the new head unit was fitted but the fault record not cleared. VCDS print out would show the last occurrences of the fault and may confirm the above, no doubt the dealers can confirm.

As for the oil situation, to give you peace of mind do as I said above.
Appreciate your input thank you.
I find it odd that if it is to do with the head unit it’s taken 18 months to appear.
It will be interesting to see what the diagnostic shows. I will update after I have an outcome.
Thanks again.

Back