Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members with VCDS/Carista/VAG devices

I have April 2015 t5 180 4motion dsg. Was told by my dealer that there was no option to auto lock the doors . Is that correct ?
Not unless it changed between 2014-2015. Enabled it on mine, as well as Instrument wipe on start-up, Tear wipe after windscreen wash/wipe and Come Home Headlights.
The Dealership are not allowed to enable any functions that the vehicle does not have enabled at the factory.

Can anyone advise witch is the best buy if i want to read out codes on my 2012 SE .
Thinking of buying one of those obd tools .
The simple plug in type .

As you guys are sharing them in the UK , i know nobody in my nearby with one....

Can anyone advise witch is the best buy if i want to read out codes on my 2012 SE .
Thinking of buying one of those obd tools .
The simple plug in type .

As you guys are sharing them in the UK , i know nobody in my nearby with one....
Having bought both Carista and Obdeleven Pro, I think Obdeleven Pro is better value, and more powerful, though haven't played much beyond the simple tweaks.

Can't help much as I have only seen Carissa and as I'm beta testing and not paying I'm quite happy. All I've done is added an audible beep on locking/unlocking and given the option of the large MPH in the MFD.

Besides that used it on a couple of friends cars to reset random warning lights which have been fine after a reset and saved a trip to the garage.

Mike

Such one you plug in under the steeringwheel that shows the codes/errors and can erase them.
Don't want the program on the PC that can adjusts engine power,....
I know there have been links posted but was wanting to have toughts on those used them overtime now .
And the one that should be the best buy now.

Obdeleven does that.
Carista does too.
So it's a case of 'how much?'
Obdeleven is a one off payment, Carista a subscription.

At €35 the obdeleven standard version gets you the dongle and software.
Carista about £40 for the dongle, then the subscription at £29 per year.

Latest options with Carista

e2af0150feeae3f2f50827de94dd745f.png

262a8d30eba4e776a851afd438634d38.png

69a49301d4f344b8c2be8a045d099091.png

49626e43d648f97f96aaf6f304882a63.png

c69abed01883e1f3237278f3eac98be1.png

4bb24c163fa8c5402abdaebcde4ebbd7.png

4a636e941774d91cde11aa3a710261a0.png

a13073c64ffecc60f6a9f4edaadc3278.png

f9b5ac8971f2b905395392521602846d.png

9c303a6120a9f1e7508adec720487dcf.png

fd04680a2304598dc0b512e26fdc7c0d.png

18a6e61cd779404d94fb77c8c1ff1624.png

a50a6bb0c868c5ed88e28b4ef4d4a73f.png

06b8dd7fb73fb04f3354b224d41cba81.png

Might have duplicated a couple

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will either device allow me to add my RNS310 sat nav info to the MFD? If yes, is there anybody in reasonable reach of N Dorset with a device who is prepared to help me do so?

Will either device allow me to add my RNS310 sat nav info to the MFD? If yes, is there anybody in reasonable reach of N Dorset with a device who is prepared to help me do so?
The Carista is too restrictive, so no.
Riss-Tech VCDS is probably the best bet, assuming what you want to achieve its actually possible, but I would Google the various vcds forums to see if someone has done it before.
Obdeleven may do it, but documentation still quite sparse...

The Carista is too restrictive, so no.
Riss-Tech VCDS is probably the best bet, assuming what you want to achieve its actually possible, but I would Google the various vcds forums to see if someone has done it before.
Obdeleven may do it, but documentation still quite sparse...

That's helpful. I'm pretty sure it can be done. I fitted the head unit myself. It's a VW unit and I can see all the audio and phone bluetooth in the MFD just not the sat nav. My daughter has a the same unit and her mfd shows the next turn direction.

I have a VAG 401 device which can do the same as VCDS but not as slick to use. If you are ever near Warks (or Im Dorset way) feel free to have a go with it. Trick is to use the VCDS helper to work out what to change then do it in the vagcom device.

I have a VAG 401 device which can do the same as VCDS but not as slick to use. If you are ever near Warks (or Im Dorset way) feel free to have a go with it. Trick is to use the VCDS helper to work out what to change then do it in the vagcom device.

Thanks Matt That's a helpful offer. If my wanders take me your way I'll contact you.

Add my name to the list of members with VCDS. I'm in Milton Keynes.

Just bought a Carista dongle and on the first free month of the subscription, not sure whether I'll pay up for it permanently yet as I have access to Bosch KTS diagnostic kit. The Bosch does have a couple of different configuration tweaks over Carista such as sidelights on with the ignition but no option to enable cruise control or MFD. Need to see what it can do on my BMW and Honda.

As an aside I plugged the Carista into my work T5 van (2015 Startline spec) as well as my Cali. Neither have auto headlights but I could only get 'coming home lights' to work on the Cali and the audible noise on lock/unlock is a beep/beep-beep on Cali while the van used the much louder horn! Not what I want when I finish work in the early hours.

I have April 2015 t5 180 4motion dsg. Was told by my dealer that there was no option to auto lock the doors . Is that correct ?

To confirm, I successfully turned on auto locking over a certain speed on my July 2015 California with Carista and on my May 2015 van with Bosch KTS.

I've been playing with my Carista and have done the usual changes of door locking when moving and unlocking on key removal, and unlocking the driver's door only etc etc. Favourite feature is still a childish one of having the needles on the speedometer flick all the way round on key-in though!

There were two software-related changes that I was hoping might be programmable: Firstly I'd like to stop the powered sliding door beeping, and secondly I'd like the electric powered wing mirrors to fold up when the vehicle is locked. (Just like most other cars do, including many VW's).

I can see that none of these options are available via the Carista app. Does anyone know if either of these things are configurable parameters that can be tweaked in some other way using the OBD port?

The mirror trick is dependent on the year of the Cali. From memory, it isn't possible pre-MY2018. My 66 plate won't do it.
Suggestions on the door beep here

Thanks Stoneybroke. Mine is a 19 plate, so maybe the mirror trick is possible. Do you recall where you saw the tip about the mirror?

I read the section on the door bleep. I suppose it's useful sometimes, but would also be good to turn off sometimes!

Thanks Stoneybroke. Mine is a 19 plate, so maybe the mirror trick is possible. Do you recall where you saw the tip about the mirror?

I read the section on the door bleep. I suppose it's useful sometimes, but would also be good to turn off sometimes!
As yours is a 19, have you tried a long press of the lock button on the remote? (make sure your button is on L or R

As yours is a 19, have you tried a long press of the lock button on the remote? (make sure your button is on L or R
Doh. I can't believe that I had this super power all along without realising it and despite having claimed to have read the manual! Yes the wing mirrors retract using a long key press! Thanks for educating me on how my van works Loz!

I have today replaced the G450 exhaust pressure sensor and now realise I need vcds to “adapt” the ECU. Anyone near south London with VCDS or prepared to loan or rent me a cable?

I'm in Bexleyheath fairly often and happy to lend it to you, otherwise based in Brighton if you fancy a drive

Back