Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Top of the Furka pass at Albert-Heim-Hutte. All to myself today, Starlink working great with little to no mobile signal. Super73 RX Mojave for some fun off-road riding!
52dfdc90de62a82f4031632da708870f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9f10c9ca4fdf41843de65b4144c4852d.jpg

Slovenia, a close call. Much of Europe hasn’t been experiencing the heatwave. Heavy rain and storms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grape yellow is the best colour for a beach they need to bring it back!

The triplet is grape yellow too, and I’ve just sold the boat my dad built in 1969. A grape yellow mirror dinghy. I nearly cried when the EBay buyer drove it away.

2ebfb551d7f22fd8e02c0edd913c8f4e.jpg

It was called Hodmandod (an east of England word for a snail or hedgehog or lazy/slow moving person).

The triplet is grape yellow too, and I’ve just sold the boat my dad built in 1969. A grape yellow mirror dinghy. I nearly cried when the EBay buyer drove it away.

2ebfb551d7f22fd8e02c0edd913c8f4e.jpg

It was called Hodmandod (an east of England word for a snail or hedgehog or lazy/slow moving person).
It’s always difficult to part with things associated with parents. But you can’t be a museum, life must go on. I am sure the new owners will give it a new lease of life.

It’s always difficult to part with things associated with parents. But you can’t be a museum, life must go on. I am sure the new owners will give it a new lease of life.

Oh don’t misunderstand me. The near tear was parting with Hodmandod. News of the death of my father (88) has been exaggerated. He was very much alive when I saw him two hours ago, but I forgot to tell me that I’d successfully sold the boat he last sailed on his 80th birthday.

Oh don’t misunderstand me. The near tear was parting with Hodmandod. News of the death of my father (88) has been exaggerated. He was very much alive when I saw him two hours ago, but I forgot to tell me that I’d successfully sold the boat he last sailed on his 80th birthday.
If he has dodgy eyesight just raise the roof on the beach a bit ;)

An eventful annual trip to River Dart Country Park.
8 minutes in, my son fell down the river bank and fractured the top of his finger, lengthways
First night, the rains set in big time and at 2am a noise louder than thunder and somehow quite haunting - the tree a few feet from my friends’ tent fell down. Luckily it fell the other way as it was a good 30+ metres tall (I think) and stretched right across the River Dart. (Note use of multiple measuring standards there )
Of course, all of this was before Storm Antoni arrived.

We’d had two sets of friends leave early, on the day prior to the storm, so I set up on one of their old pitches and made sure the drive-away was pretty nailed down for the night. My original pitch ended up littered with branches that would definitely have damaged the van so it was a fortunate move.

The following afternoon, it was pointed out that I’d set up on the pals’ pitch which was booked for a day less than everyone else’s anyway, so I had to switch pitch again, pretty much, mid-storm, which was nice (all my own fault, obviously)

bcb19e0d02414a4b58bcc47a0c8b5d61.jpeg

This was the night after the storm, you can just about see the Milky Way but the moon was far too bright.
c1150c1ba97400a90c05330e949b637d.jpg

That’s a tree.
30886f3485a7638e2f39aa7801afb15a.jpg

4ecd6efbe56e05f988a57833876ac27d.jpg

The lounge. I have kids so obviously I had to take this pic in the 15 seconds before they were allowed in, after which it resembled an explosion in a charity shop for the rest of the trip.

We go every year - but this is the trip we’ll talk about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk