Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Belated Wilderness Shots. Great time - got there early so a brilliant spot. Hundreds of campers as far as the eye could see. Showers were good. Toilets predictable after Saturdays rain. Sunday was a stomer with the famous cricket match, sun and much more chilled out family vibes. Excellent food from all the trucks. Lots of groups local young boys turning up later in the day, with and without tickets were a pain, but all in a great alternative to the madness that seems to be Glasto. Had a wander to see others vans, so great ones out there, from a 110 Defender with a pop top to every classic T you can imagine.

IMG_4901 Large.jpeg

Van Image.jpegIMG_4869 Large.jpegIMG_4920 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
Belated Wilderness Shots. Great time - got there early so a brilliant spot. Hundreds of campers as far as the eye could see. Showers were good. Toilets predictable after Saturdays rain. Sunday was a stomer with the famous cricket match, sun and much more chilled out family vibes. Excellent food from all the trucks. Lots of groups local young boys turning up later in the day, with and without tickets were a pain, but all in a great alternative to the madness that seems to be Glasto. Had a wander to see others vans, so great ones out there, from a 110 Defender with a pop top to every classic T you can imagine.

View attachment 112652

View attachment 112653View attachment 112654View attachment 112655
We were there too in the Blue section. Trying to squeeze my Cinch tent into the small spaces provided. IMG_4157.jpeg

588949e2-e174-466b-89a8-fab083b424d9.jpeg Made it to Slovakia today in our road trip

We were there too in the Blue section. Trying to squeeze my Cinch tent into the small spaces provided. View attachment 112659
Same section. As there were two of us we were able to "maximise" the 6x6 vague square given as best as possible with a single 12x6. Given some seemed to have managed to park across two spaces the allocation was a little haphazard!

f1d88d1edb2df62d9348863290aaa1c3.jpg

Six bikes
Nine saddles
14 water bottle cages
18 pedals

d0064bd62516bfc2f8664de9e508b605.jpg

Very close to our setup, but tour’s better.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

d0064bd62516bfc2f8664de9e508b605.jpg

Very close to our setup, but tour’s better.

YOUR’s better. I mean

Another lunchtime spent enjoying the new van. I’m getting a lot of water ingress through the front. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

Another lunchtime spent enjoying the new van. I’m getting a lot of water ingress through the front. Not sure what I’m doing wrong!!

View attachment 112751
Read this thread it may help

Read this thread it may help
I’m all over that thread. I thought I’d try a bit of whimsy being as this is the first time I’ve had the panoramic window open! It wouldn’t let me attach the relevant emoji to support the joke though!

Another lunchtime spent enjoying the new van. I’m getting a lot of water ingress through the front. Not sure what I’m doing wrong!!

View attachment 112751
Good jape.

I can see why those with the new bellows like them - apart from the leaks - you get more of a feel of one space with the light internal finish.

Hopefully VW will get onto the leaks, it must be just the stitiching which is incompatible with the material.

Oh that looks beautiful which campsite is that please?
It's Fidden Farm campsite. If you decide to go: There's two parts of the site where you can find a pitch. The main part (straight on after arriving on their property) and a few pitches more off to the side (turn right directly after arriving on their property). If you do the latter you'll be where we were in that photograph.

A nice camp site. Sheep surrounding the Cali when you wake up. Lovely oppertunities for walking. A short ferry trip to the surrounding little islands, etc. Facilities were just fine. We'll surely go there again next time we're on your side of the channel.