Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

We moved on from last week's stop at Camping Jungfrau and are now set up at Camping de Matour near Macon in France. Nice little municipal site partnered with the local outdoor pool which we first used last year. 70 pitches and 5 minutes walk from the town centre. There's a local produce & food fair on Monday nights on the village.

Pitches vary in size but are mostly generous, allowing us to max out for the duration (6 nights). This year's extended base camp includes the Galli compact (RSV) awning connected with the side panels of a Comfortz awning room to create an extended antechamber. The Thule sun blocker on the fridge side is mainly for privacy but hopefully helps the fridge a little.
Temp was 33° outside today. Sleeping with the side door open using a MaxCamp midge net (not pictured).

1000041343.jpg

PXL_20240810_130934353.MP.jpg

3 Cliffs Bay, stayed there in 2018, lovely area but we found the site too big for us. Enjoy.
I’m surprised by that. We all commented now it’s quite small (in our limited experience).
It’s a really lovely spot and the facilities are great too. Loving it!

We moved on from last week's stop at Camping Jungfrau and are now set up at Camping de Matour near Macon in France. Nice little municipal site partnered with the local outdoor pool which we first used last year. 70 pitches and 5 minutes walk from the town centre. There's a local produce & food fair on Monday nights on the village.

Pitches vary in size but are mostly generous, allowing us to max out for the duration (6 nights). This year's extended base camp includes the Galli compact (RSV) awning connected with the side panels of a Comfortz awning room to create an extended antechamber. The Thule sun blocker on the fridge side is mainly for privacy but hopefully helps the fridge a little.
Temp was 33° outside today. Sleeping with the side door open using a MaxCamp midge net (not pictured).

View attachment 127654

View attachment 127655
How effective do you find the awning on the passenger side for fridge performance?

How effective do you find the awning on the passenger side for fridge performance?
Difficult to tell to be honest as daytime temperatures were typically 35° this week. and we didn't have anything to directly compare it to. We were on hook up rather than battery so weren't too concerned about conserving power. We did have to turn the fridge down from '6' to '5' though to prevent icing.
It did seem to help at a festival early this month when we're running off battery, though again difficult to be precise without a 'control' to test against.
Good to improve privacy when the window was open though.

After I had another roll awning on the left side I have found a better overall cooler van all over in hot summer days. I really have not compared fridge cooling but if I just want cool drinks or keeping food butter milk etc I leave it on 4 and even then some stuff on the bottom gets frozen.

Camping Neuville!
46ee69426231b91f4ced7628e027115f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Took an anniversary trip this weekend - just the Mrs and I. Originally planned to head to Arundel for some nostalgia but a last minute plan change took us to Suffolk, and spent the day at Aldeburgh enjoying the carnival thats on this weekend/tomorrow, before heading to Dedham towards Flatford Mill (where Constable did that painting thingie - can you tell i'm not an art buff?....) and walking around the river this morning.

dji_fly_20240817_195642_563_1723921417349_photo.jpg

dji_fly_20240818_083544_595_1723969382404_photo.jpg

dji_fly_20240818_084216_607_1723969352928_photo.jpg

dji_fly_20240817_195554_560_1723921421456_photo.jpg

This one is for our child - Sandaya camping Les rivages near Millau.PXL_20240819_062323889.jpg

A quick solo overnight to indulge in some MTBing up at Cannock Chase. Tackeroo campsite is particularly good (for proximity to trails and “wild” feel).

View attachment 128094View attachment 128095
View attachment 128096
Love Cannock chase, Its an hour away from me.
The lads took me on the black trail ?
The trail with rocks with drop offs, they were impressed with my "drop offs"
I have a 2021 Whyte E-160 RS in matt green.
Loving the Knaus ! great bit of kit.

This one is for our child - Sandaya camping Les rivages near Millau.View attachment 128093

I didn't read your text, but saw the picture, and thought: I recognise this.
Then I saw your text with the name of the camping.
The owner is Belgian. It's a younger man with his wife. His parents sometimes help in the shop and on the campsite.
Lovely place, and a wonderfull surrounding.
I once was there, when we had some rain one day. The next morning it was a bit misty down by the Dourbie. We went up to Pouncho d'Agast, and had a marvellous view.

View from the campsite to Pouncho d'Agast:
foto (83).JPG

View from Pouncho d'Agast
foto (333).JPG

foto (332).JPG

foto (344).JPG

foto (354).JPG

Love Cannock chase, Its an hour away from me.
The lads took me on the black trail ?
The trail with rocks with drop offs, they were impressed with my "drop offs"
I have a 2021 Whyte E-160 RS in matt green.
Loving the Knaus ! great bit of kit.

I’m impressed! I lost my nerve for jumps and drop offs many years ago after I had a pretty bad wipe out at Bike Park Wales. I’m definitely more XC these days and nothing more than blue/reds on the trail centres - QE2 is my local one and the odd trip to the Forest of Dean. Cannock Chase is great, took my lad there a few times before he discovered beer and girls…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 127654

View attachment 127655
I have studied your van shield on the non sliding door side. I have been experimenting with varies home made ones. 1 to keep the side cool, 2 for privacy and 3 to keep the rain out of the side window. I think my last last attempt was too heavy and dark. So time to consider a lighter one like yours. Question what make is it and will it keep the rain off the window?