Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

I have studied your van shield on the non sliding door side. I have been experimenting with varies home made ones. 1 to keep the side cool, 2 for privacy and 3 to keep the rain out of the side window. I think my last last attempt was too heavy and dark. So time to consider a lighter one like yours. Question what make is it and will it keep the rain off the window?
The shade on the kitchen side of the van is made by Thule. It is a soft flexible plastic. It isn't 100% waterproof due to the ventilation holes but will shed most of the rain that falls against it, depedning on the angle, how heavy the rain is and so long as you don't touch it.

Up at Strontian (not far on the other side of the Corran ferry), nice wee site, now battening down the hatches for the incoming storm.

712ed9343277d224b80f236b78e19d79.jpg

b0b3637af05c585d6b2d7f2847f76010.jpg

69fc2a95b032bf0cea2467e742fc7b99.jpg

fd017ba1788984c1ac473a819d997a43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have studied your van shield on the non sliding door side. I have been experimenting with varies home made ones. 1 to keep the side cool, 2 for privacy and 3 to keep the rain out of the side window. I think my last last attempt was too heavy and dark. So time to consider a lighter one like yours. Question what make is it and will it keep the rain off the window?
Thule Sun Blocker G2 sized for the 5102 T6 Awning, due to my new van having a fiamma awning I will shortly be selling mine

Someone is selling one here: Thread 'Thule Sun Blocker G2 Front 2.4m' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/thule-sun-blocker-g2-front-2-4m.55542/

Looks fantastic, a must do, what was your route?

We didn’t have any fixed route before going there apart from a start and end point. Sailed from Hirtshals (Denmark) to Kristiansand and headed up the east coast towards Oslo, camping at a couple of places and visiting Risor. Complete of days in Oslo before heading north to Lillehammer. Then onto Lom and exploring the surrounding area, including visiting an ice cave within a glacier. Along route 55, the highest pass in Europe, and camping at a spectacular spot in the mountains. Then headed further north through Geiranger and explored the area north of Bergen. Our ferry from Bergen was cancelled so we had to head back to Kristiansand, we did that via Hardanger. Spent the last few days around Vennesla and Kristiansand.

Ailefroide in Ecrins National Park in the south of France. This was our first major trip since buying ‘Vandalf the Grey’ (the name was my husband’s idea…). We took a tent as well, but it didn’t get used in the end, so we just spent the whole 10 days in the van. Awesome
IMG_2526.jpeg

We didn’t have any fixed route before going there apart from a start and end point. Sailed from Hirtshals (Denmark) to Kristiansand and headed up the east coast towards Oslo, camping at a couple of places and visiting Risor. Complete of days in Oslo before heading north to Lillehammer. Then onto Lom and exploring the surrounding area, including visiting an ice cave within a glacier. Along route 55, the highest pass in Europe, and camping at a spectacular spot in the mountains. Then headed further north through Geiranger and explored the area north of Bergen. Our ferry from Bergen was cancelled so we had to head back to Kristiansand, we did that via Hardanger. Spent the last few days around Vennesla and Kristiansand.
Thanks RedWhiteMonkey