Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

How hard was the ride
Not too bad relatively speaking. Ventoux was the first big mountain I've ever done which I did on the Thursday, then I did Alpe d'huez and les deux on the Saturday.

I would say I'm an average/reasonable cyclist in that I can do a 100 mile ride on the odd accasion when I have got fit and can do the odd month doing 800 to 1000km, I'm neither particularly rapid or particularly slow on the bike.

Just found a speed/power that I was comfortable with and ground my way up. I thought huez was a fair bit easier, partly because its shorter and also the hairpins actually level out so give a small amount of respite rather than being steeper sections.

It was well within my capabilities albeit I didn't set any records on the way up and there were plenty of people of a lesser ability who were comfortably climbing it as well.

I did think ventoux was a much better ride and had a lot more atmosphere. Huez felt like a ski resort that happened to have a cycle climb, still an enjoyable ride though.

Wild camp on Pennine Way, 35 more miles to get back to the van.
fde80bbbd59d95a172c46cd3ee85896e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too bad relatively speaking. Ventoux was the first big mountain I've ever done which I did on the Thursday, then I did Alpe d'huez and les deux on the Saturday.

I would say I'm an average/reasonable cyclist in that I can do a 100 mile ride on the odd accasion when I have got fit and can do the odd month doing 800 to 1000km, I'm neither particularly rapid or particularly slow on the bike.

Just found a speed/power that I was comfortable with and ground my way up. I thought huez was a fair bit easier, partly because its shorter and also the hairpins actually level out so give a small amount of respite rather than being steeper sections.

It was well within my capabilities albeit I didn't set any records on the way up and there were plenty of people of a lesser ability who were comfortably climbing it as well.

I did think ventoux was a much better ride and had a lot more atmosphere. Huez felt like a ski resort that happened to have a cycle climb, still an enjoyable ride though.
A%

Thanks olotation
Really helpfully greatly appreciated and sadly it does sound like I have left that one a tad too late age and fitness wise perhaps it’s e bike time

Which route up Ventoux did you take?
I’ve only ever ridden the Chalet Reynard side from Bedoin . This time we drove up from Malaucene and down via Sault. The Sault route seemed easy if dull?

Which route up Ventoux did you take?
I’ve only ever ridden the Chalet Reynard side from Bedoin . This time we drove up from Malaucene and down via Sault. The Sault route seemed easy if dull?
Yeah it was the same as the way the tour goes which is from bedoin. That route gives a nice contrast through the forest and then into a rocky landscape. I descended down the other side towards sault which seemed ok but was going a bit too fast to take it in.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll return and try all three routes up in one day...

are you doing the wainwrights ? i'm on number 138 so far,need to get back there and do some more
Just clocking up as many new bumps as I can.
3 great hikes in 3days last week all from glenridding.(gap forgot to set watch going after stopping).
Up place fell to hallen fell. (Couple of others)
Up anglepike/rest Dodd/the knott (couple of others)
Up st Sunday crag grasedale tarn IMG_7711.pngIMG_7709.pngIMG_7710.png

Another great hike up Mynydd Mawr (snowdonia), great views of snowdon. Pretty much had the whole bump to myself.View attachment 125281View attachment 125282

Unheard of to get any of the Snowdonia peaks to yourself in fine weather. The Snowdon Horsehoe was my first ever mountain hike on a school trip aged 13. My geography teacher skipped us across Crib Goch like a demented goat. Would never be allowed now of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabe612231b5c042ef10e3b80a4b3947.dng

Nowhere very interesting: London Schools Ski Race this weekend at Welwyn Garden City but as I haven’t actually slept in the Cali this year and it looked almost clean, I took a photo.
Still rolling on winters as I broke my hand putting them on in December and can’t really be *rsed changing them back yet coz it still hurts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk