Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View of or from GC

Stuart, That’s my previous van, lovely to see it looked after.

Also you have been coated with Gtecniq Crystal Serum Ultra supposed to last 9 years left all the guarantees with the dealership. The bonnet and front bumper has been covered with XPEL so you should be stone chip free.

Will
Hi Will
The coating is amazing, just warm water and a soft wash mit to clean it, even the brake dust off the wheels. The dealership passed all of your handover folder, which was very helpful. Did you get another one?

Stuart

Hi Will
The coating is amazing, just warm water and a soft wash mit to clean it, even the brake dust off the wheels. The dealership passed all of your handover folder, which was very helpful. Did you get another one?

Stuart
Hi Stuart

Great to see the 600 go to another forum member, yes we have a 680. Pleased your happy with coating. I was a little worried they wouldn’t hand the folder over but pleased they did. Was spooky to see it. Never know may meet up on some site somewhere.

Until then Stuart take care.

Will

Hi Stuart, smart set up, would you mind sharing details of the awning / shelter you have attached to the Thule roll out - and how have you fitted the side panels to the Thule roll out? There are a lot of options for sale, but seeing your arrangement is better than a brochure. ✅
many thanks, Alun.
Hi Alun

The basic unit is a Thule Panorama awning tent. It is not designed for this application, I have adapted (bent) the up rights to accommodate the curved sides of the van. Internally there is a draft skirt fitted between the ground and the under side of the van, also covering the rear wheel arch.

Then I have installed a reimo multi rail on to the edge of the Thule awing, to give me an extra keder rail. I then attached a Dometic Sunshine AIR Pro VW with the extra sides to that keder rail. Surrounding that is 2x Dometic Pro Windbreak 3's and 1x Dometic Pro Windbreak Door joining them together.

There are a few more little things to do, but this gives you the main idea. If you need some more info let me know.

Thanks

Stuart

IMG_7381.jpg

IMG_8023.jpg

Thanks Stuart, that gives food for thought. We have looked at add on awnings and nothing ticks all the boxes - hence my question to you as yours looks v good. As a novice I will probably look at this in small stages, the Reimo multi rail does provide a solution I hadn’t seen elsewhere. We have ordered a Cysgod extension for starters and once the van arrives will look at options similar to yours.
Thanks for the very informative reply

Much appreciated, Alun.

Last edited:
Had great few days in Looe then it rained.

8E19B879-A3DA-4927-AF83-976AD524880D.jpeg

Back