Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Bristol

Sir Campalot

Sir Campalot

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Annoyed with VW Bristol. After waiting 2 weeks for an appointment- They said they could lower and side bar Sir Camps in a day (Friday) then called at 4pm to say he wouldn’t be done in time so collect him 11am today. (Saturday) Went all the way there on time and guess what!? They’ve still not done him!!! One delay I can accept but not two,with no call! Wasted our Saturday morning . Now he won’t be ready until Monday. Grrrr! Well that’s stupid of them as 1st impressions count and I was looking for a garage to build a relationship with! Why dont they manage expectations!?

Annoyed with VW Bristol. After waiting 2 weeks for an appointment- They said they could lower and side bar Sir Camps in a day (Friday) then called at 4pm to say he wouldn’t be done in time so collect him 11am today. (Saturday) Went all the way there on time and guess what!? They’ve still not done him!!! One delay I can accept but not two,with no call! Wasted our Saturday morning . Now he won’t be ready until Monday. Grrrr! Well that’s stupid of them as 1st impressions count and I was looking for a garage to build a relationship with! Why dont they manage expectations!?

I have an extremely good relationship with VW Bristol but things can always go wrong.
I would be reluctant to put them under a time pressure as the important issue is the standard of the job.
I’m not defending them but it’s possibly a cock up or something as simple as the mechanic down to do the job, with the right skills falling ill.
Another reason can be that as I understand it they on occasions have to prioritise breakdown work as conditions of contract with VW.
Or it could be just crap service.
Have they given you a reason.

Mike

I have an extremely good relationship with VW Bristol but things can always go wrong.
I would be reluctant to put them under a time pressure as the important issue is the standard of the job.
I’m not defending them but it’s possibly a cock up or something as simple as the mechanic down to do the job, with the right skills falling ill.
Another reason can be that as I understand it they on occasions have to prioritise breakdown work as conditions of contract with VW.
Or it could be just crap service.
Have they given you a reason.

Mike
Hi. Thanks. They set both deadlines tho,not me. No reason given today as the Saturday person seemed unaware of why we had turned up. I get your point but they could have called- it’s a long way from South Gloucestershire. I do think it’s killed my relationship with them for sure. They’re a service industry so managing expectations is key. I would have accepted Monday if they said it at the start. They can deliver it to me next week as I can’t get there to collect it alone.

Hi. Thanks. They set both deadlines tho,not me. No reason given today as the Saturday person seemed unaware of why we had turned up. I get your point but they could have called- it’s a long way from South Gloucestershire. I do think it’s killed my relationship with them for sure. They’re a service industry so managing expectations is key. I would have accepted Monday if they said it at the start. They can deliver it to me next week as I can’t get there to collect it alone.

Hope you get an explanation. Good luck

Mike

Hi All

Apologies for direct message

We are visiting Bristol from France with our 2012 t5

Have a few things to check out

What garage would you recommend in Bristol ?

TIA

Michael

Hi All

Apologies for direct message

We are visiting Bristol from France with our 2012 t5

Have a few things to check out

What garage would you recommend in Bristol ?

TIA

Michael
Tbh Michael not sure I’d use a dealer if it’s out of warrant. As above - there are good garages around. What’s required to be looked at?

On last trip to UK 2022 alternator belt went Compression KO Needed major work Had to leave van in UK for 3 months So just want someone to give a good diagnostic maybe tune if even possible
Seems less comfortable between 120 and 130km

The onlly thing with the deales is they have the full diagnostic tools unfortunately

Back