Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW strike again - can't collect new Edition

My dealer said, when asked:-

Ive emailed Volkswagen for you

You have the screen print that I issued you on the day of administration if you could keep that safe please

Once I hear from them I'll let you know​

That was on 8 May. When he was filling out the forms, he told me that there was an occasion someone made a claim on the extended warranty, and because the dealership had been sold shortly after, all the records of it were lost. I think they got it sorted in the end, but I've noticed these dealerships are changing hands by the minutes and this is where the problems start.

We weren't actually offered the warranty at he time of sale, I had to chase them up, hence it was a separate transaction.

I have now spent my first weekend in Robbie the Edition down in sunny Swanage.

Absolutely delighted with it and the way it performs. I was amazed to be getting an average of 35 mpg from the 204dsg.

Also love the improvements over my T5 especially all the extra lights, front blinds, much improved rear blind, split worktop and flashy cab. The VW comfort mattress is also better than I thought it would be although I think a thin topper is needed too.

The van has now been 'personalised' and feels like mine. I took out an additional VW two year warranty and service plan (with my apology vouchers when I couldn't collect the van) so hopefully will have five years peace of mind with him.

Anyone else bought an Ocean Edition yet?

View attachment 33837

Did you edition come with cruise control or just the fixed spec advertised?

Did you edition come with cruise control or just the fixed spec advertised?
Cruise control but not ACC. I am quite happy with that as I would not have specified it as an option anyway.
I think that all 80 of them have the specs as given.

I haven't seen any available, have they all sold?

My dealer said, when asked:-

Ive emailed Volkswagen for you

You have the screen print that I issued you on the day of administration if you could keep that safe please

Once I hear from them I'll let you know​

That was on 8 May. When he was filling out the forms, he told me that there was an occasion someone made a claim on the extended warranty, and because the dealership had been sold shortly after, all the records of it were lost. I think they got it sorted in the end, but I've noticed these dealerships are changing hands by the minutes and this is where the problems start.

We weren't actually offered the warranty at he time of sale, I had to chase them up, hence it was a separate transaction.

One of my primary reasons for buying a new vehicle was to get the extra warranty so made sure that it was included in the purchase price.
I think that it would be well worth you contacting VW Customer Service to make sure that everything you have paid for is included. I did today receive a letter from VW confirming the service plan.
Bad news for you @Amarillo but guess that the different countries have different systems...

I don't know to be honest. I called SMG Tonbridge and they had just received a Beach and an Ocean. I bought the Ocean.

As there are so few of them I think it is just a case of calling dealers to see if they have one or searching on line. I remember reading on this forum that the Ocean at the Breeze in Poole had sold.

I don't think so. My salesman was taking a look for me last week and I'm sure there was a few Ocean Editions still showing on the system.

Whereabouts are you roughly located? I'm sure if I asked him, he will take a look for me tomorrow..

I don't think so. My salesman was taking a look for me last week and I'm sure there was a few Ocean Editions still showing on the system.

Whereabouts are you roughly located? I'm sure if I asked him, he will take a look for me tomorrow..

Bristol but I also work near Heathrow. Thanks in advance!

Bad news for you @Amarillo but guess that the different countries have different systems...
It is not all bad. Martin at SMG Tonbridge thought the service plan was Europe wide too, and says I still have four prepaid services, according to him it doesn't have to be the first four services. If he is wrong about this too I would still expect SMG to honour the advice I have been given.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

It is not all bad. Martin at SMG Tonbridge thought the service plan was Europe wide too, and says I still have four prepaid services, according to him it doesn't have to be the first four services. If he is wrong about this too I would still expect SMG to honour the advice I have been given.
Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Four services is a lot! I think that the plan I have is for two ie four years. They need servicing every two years although with the mileage you are doing that might be more often!
I’m sure that Martin will honour what he and SMG promised..

Mattbell, I asked him for you yesterday but he couldn't find any Ocean Editions on the VW system but I'm pretty sure he did last week. He said he would call VW to find out a bit more.

He has not had any Editions arrive just yet and VW are still saying he will get them so I'm very sure that there will still be unsold Editions about.

Mattbell,

My salesman has now been told that his Ocean Edition has been called off and he is therefore expecting it by the end of next week.

If you are interested, please PM me.

Have you tried Guy Vincent at Lancashire VW van centre Preston, he was getting an Edition in as a demo.

I called in at Liverpool Vw today for a mooch, there are two white editions unregistered sat on the forecourt. Looked nice

Back