Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

vw cali beach at £52500 ?

took me best part of a year to find mine. wondering if some fool will give me 55 large for it?

I've had two Cali's now the first was a 7seat 140ps 2013 beach which was 9 months old at the time and we paid £29,995 from a VW dealer!!!
Second was a 2015 fully loaded SE 180 brand new from SMG which was £53,000 inc dealer fit Sportline kit, springs and 18" alloys.
We had to sell our SE very reluctantly as the finance was effecting our affordability on our house purchase and took £46,500 last summer for it and it wasn't the easiest sell.
We are now in the new home and settled and on the hunt again for a T6 and I'm flabbergasted how much the market has changed in 6 months! looks like we stole the Beach we had and gave away the SE looking at the prices now!.. gutted is not the word.
I'm not sure I'd have another SE/Ocean seemed too fragile and had a lot of stuff I didn't really need or use so on the hunt for a T6 Beach with a Parking Heater and the prices the Dealers are quoted are insane.. I think I need to seriously look at other brand alternatives now

that's rough @rippers - good luck. If it's any consolation you're now probably evens across the pair?

don't overlook Beaches without a heater though. my pre-registered dealer T6 had everything I wanted (and nothing I didn't) except no factory heater - I got one retrofitted in a day at Exploria & now it's perfect for us.

It does seem increasingly hard to find nearly-new with ones ideal spec unless you can write a blank cheque.

Last edited:
...we paid £29,995 from a VW dealer!!!
looks like we stole the Beach we had and gave away the SE looking at the prices now!.. gutted is not the word...prices the Dealers are quoted are insane.. .

Could not agree more - all I can say is don't pay the prices, let some other fool do that! I'm buying not selling so I'm biased of course.... ;)

Some asking prices (not just on eBay and AT but incl lately on the for sale section here - 2009 pre-facelift at £34k, 2012 SE at £43k :confused:) are plain crazy/rip off/pie in the sky/chancers...

Maybe because there is no reliable 'Glasses Guide' book price sellers just keep looking at what someone else is asking, however optimistic and keep adding a bit more and so the cycle of silly asking prices continues!

Bide your time, there are more realistically priced deals out there* at £5k or even £10k or more below some of the insane asking prices doing the rounds.

*See below post on page 1:

Last edited:
Could not agree more - all I can say is don't pay the prices, let some other fool do that! I'm buying not selling so I'm biased of course.... ;)

Some asking prices (not just on eBay and AT but incl lately on the for sale section here - 2009 pre-facelift at £34k, 2012 SE at £43k :confused:) are plain crazy/rip off/pie in the sky/chancers...

Maybe because there is no reliable 'Glasses Guide' book price sellers just keep looking at what someone else is asking, however optimistic and keep adding a bit more and so the cycle of silly asking prices continues!

Bide your time, there are more realistically priced deals out there* at £5k or even £10k or more below some of the insane asking prices doing the rounds.

*See below post on page 1:

The way I see it is that the price for any item is only crazy if there is next to zero chance of it selling at that price. Since we are talking here, in the lead up the summer months, about a highly desirable life style changing vehicle that many people aspire to own and which is currently in short supply especially with the right spec, it's clearly a sellers market.

If I were selling right now and weren't anxious for an immediate sale I would price it according to spec, mileage, year and condition but with an extra premium on top for the above mentioned factors.

For those considering buying now, some if not most will obviously look at price as the prime factor but given the shortage in supply and the long waiting list there will be those who adopt the "life is too short" and "summers coming" attitude to their purchase rational.

As we move further into the summer and autumn my sales strategy would obviously have to change.

Last edited:
that's rough @rippers - good luck. If it's any consolation you're now probably evens across the pair?

don't overlook Beaches without a heater though. my pre-registered dealer T6 had everything I wanted (and nothing I didn't) except no factory heater - I got one retrofitted in a day at Exploria & now it's perfect for us.

It does seem increasingly hard to find nearly-new with ones ideal spec unless you can write a blank cheque.

We had a Beach without the heater originally and I agree you can use them without them, but we go VW shows (usually middle of a field somewhere) and wild camping, also like to campout during winter and basically we loved the Parking heater that was in the SE for the freedom it gave us.

We had a Beach without the heater originally and I agree you can use them without them, but we go VW shows (usually middle of a field somewhere) and wild camping, also like to campout during winter and basically we loved the Parking heater that was in the SE for the freedom it gave us.

Nope - I'm saying the exact opposite, a heater is essential, perhaps the only thing every camper *really* needs.

With the current hysterical market though I'm suggesting you don't walk away from a Beach without a heater as it's so easy to get one added & you could maybe snap up a van that others have overlooked.

On my morning surf I've come across people moaning about a Vanworx conversion priced on eBay at £60k.

More interestingly to people here there is what looks a very nice blue Beach on the VWT4 forum, 2013 with parking heater for sale. Price looks reasonable, given it's the asking price. No clue why he's not advertising it on here...I'm not including a link for obv reasons but I know a few of you are in the market.

On my morning surf I've come across people moaning about a Vanworx conversion priced on eBay at £60k.

More interestingly to people here there is what looks a very nice blue Beach on the VWT4 forum, 2013 with parking heater for sale. Price looks reasonable, given it's the asking price. No clue why he's not advertising it on here...I'm not including a link for obv reasons but I know a few of you are in the market.

Is that the 57,000 mile 13 plate that has been on eBay, AT etc for some time at £35K?!

It is on here for sale too.

I sold my 63 plate truly pampered Beach end of last summer with 12,000 miles at £30,250 (asking price was £32,000) and that took some time to sell. I bought it in June '16 (2 1/2 years old) still in manufacturer's warranty period with 9000 on the clock advertised at £32k again and I paid £30k and he had very little interest before we made a deal.

I would sadly say IMHO his is very much overpriced like most on the market presently. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I tried to buy a Beach for most of last autumn, hardly saw any less than that with the heater. Sounds like he's getting to the point of a deal too, asking prices are just that...

I have a degree in valuation & the same principles work for cars as houses. The true value is what "a willing buyer will pay a willing seller" so values are always a function of time & scarcity.

If it doesn't sell the price he's anchored to in his head should come down...likewise if you refuse to pay over what you think is sensible, you need to either adjust if you don't get one or wait for that one special seller, who needs a quick sale or whatever...

These £50K+ beach's have made me reconsider a Ocean to be honest.
Just not sure whether the Ocean will be very good as an everyday car like a Beach

£26K is cheap for a cali, it mentions a 5th seat but is a 4 motion. I didn't think the four motion was ever supplied with the 3rd rail to put it on. Road tax could also be £550 for that year.
Still if everything checks out I reckon someone could run that for a couple of years as long as the mileage is kept down & shouldn't loose a penny.

Back