Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RAC used vehicle check - is i t worth it?

If you can look at it yourself then don’t bother as most of the report is stating the obvious and you can determine and check the known issues yourself. If it’s at the other end of the country and you want to buy it unseen, then I can see the value. Get an hpi check tho if a private seller.

I'm looking for a second-hand California Beach and have seen one I'm potentially interested in on Autotrader.

How useful would it be to get one of these RAC used vehicle checks beforehand?

(https://www.rac.co.uk/buying-a-car/vehicle-inspections)

Has anyone found these genuinely useful ?

Thanks

We had one of these by the A A on my OH’s used Fiat 500. We’re not mechanical types and it threw up a few things that we then got the dealer to fix before we agreed to buy it. I’d definitely use that service again. For a Cali you couldn’t expect them to understand the habitation elements but they should be able to fully survey everything else.

The one I was interested in sold before I had a chance to arrange a viewing.

I am looking at vans about 2-3 years old though - including some just out of warranty

Last edited:
If it’s 2 years it will still have 1 year of vw warranty left and being a beach nothing to technical to check inside any problems mechanically should get sorted. Download the used Cali checklist and give it a good look. I would consider it with an older Cali