Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach recall

This is the "Chat" forum. So if you wish to censor my comments , so be it. No more from me, at all.
You modified your comment after my post. It originally said 'This is the "Chat" forum' when I made my above post. Please do not accuse me of trying to sensor your comments after the event.

Moderator can we have a blokes banter area so we can do our jaunty stuff without the calitaliban getting offended - cheers
@CALI FATE - apologies - I agree a good banter is great and if you think I'm trying to stop that then somehow I've got it wrong - I love a good banter - so long as it is respectful and in the right context.
What I'm more concerned about is people unfamiliar with the forum posting an honest question - many times without having checked out threads as they are new - to be received by the 'conflict /banter' within the forum - and often they don't return. Like the chap y'day who's roof wouldn't shut - he really didn't need to hear our internal ego's on what was better (Beach / SE / god knows what). He wanted HELP !!!
Today I have then received a PM from a member of this thread which is one directional. I can't even reply to explain my opinion. That is not professional (in my opinion).

@CALI FATE - apologies - I agree a good banter is great and if you think I'm trying to stop that then somehow I've got it wrong - I love a good banter - so long as it is respectful and in the right context.
What I'm more concerned about is people unfamiliar with the forum posting an honest question - many times without having checked out threads as they are new - to be received by the 'conflict /banter' within the forum - and often they don't return. Like the chap y'day who's roof wouldn't shut - he really didn't need to hear our internal ego's on what was better (Beach / SE / god knows what). He wanted HELP !!!
Today I have then received a PM from a member of this thread which is one directional. I can't even reply to explain my opinion. That is not professional (in my opinion).
Alison - many thanks for your thoughts and i take your point entirely - the only bit id add is that 'good banter' is often disrespectful and often in the wrong context, and thats what makes it funny. I find this forum quite entertaining and part of the fun is seeing how people respond to 'good banter' - sometimes they enjoy it in the context it was meant and sometimes they dont - the california is a fun product attracting fun people i am just seeing how far we can push that theory

Also its my thread - so i can say what i like............... i think thats the rule isnt it

Didn't see the thread, but I im guessing he had the electric roof :D
I can imagine how that went:talktothehand
To be fair, I think members should hold back and a little restraint and assist if possible. Yes an electric roof is a crap idea, no two ways about it. Its going to fail at some point. However, that's not the ideal time to laugh and pick at one another.
Im sure the only help he was after was how to resolve his issue. C`mon guys, play nice:thumb

Nothing blokey about that. I'm definitely a girl! I've loved working out what to get (and what to get rid of). I've even written an article about it (though I have to say that the list is always being tweaked as I find out more about what works, and for different kinds of trip).
Our Beach is always loaded up ready for action, but it's our everyday car too.

My Beach is full-time ready to go too Bilberry, I'm finding the big drawer under the 2-seat bench to be amazingly useful! Enjoyed the linked write-up, thanks for posting.

My Beach is full-time ready to go too Bilberry, I'm finding the big drawer under the 2-seat bench to be amazingly useful! Enjoyed the linked write-up, thanks for posting.

Just had a quick look at the write-up, pretty good.
We have a Cobb for outdoor cooking and find it fairly versatile in that its not just a BBQ. small protable Jet-boil can also be very handy :thumb

Back