Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Delay Compensation Offer

S

Steve Barrand

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Having received a letter from VW offering over £500 of accessories of 2 services as compensation I was wondering a) who else has had this and b) what are you choosing?

Having received a letter from VW offering over £500 of accessories of 2 services as compensation I was wondering a) who else has had this and b) what are you choosing?
Yes I got the letter last week. I had plans for some VW dealer accessories (wind deflectors, rear bumper protector and rear spoiler) so will put it towards those...

Also offered and need to get back to the dealer on it...

I don't really want any accessories other than maybe the shower tent (which is very expensive for what it is IMO and I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it). Was thinking about just using it on the service package, but was looking for input on if this was a good idea or not.

Also offered and need to get back to the dealer on it...

I don't really want any accessories other than maybe the shower tent (which is very expensive for what it is IMO and I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it). Was thinking about just using it on the service package, but was looking for input on if this was a good idea or not.

I think that it’s only 2 services isn’t it? I’m just trawling through stuff but tbh there isn’t much that I want from them.
So far I’ve picked waterproof seat covers, front carpets and mud guards. Still a bit to spend though.

I think that it’s only 2 services isn’t it? I’m just trawling through stuff but tbh there isn’t much that I want from them.
So far I’ve picked waterproof seat covers, front carpets and mud guards. Still a bit to spend though.
Can you use it towards the extended 5 year warranty? It's a bargain.

When did you guys order? we ordered in April, original estimate was October delivery, we haven't had the offer yet.

When did you guys order? we ordered in April, original estimate was October delivery, we haven't had the offer yet.
I ordered in February and I’ve been told mine should be delivered at the end of the month or the beginning of next month.

I tried this but they said no. Just used it for the services in the end as there was nothing in the catalog that I wanted.
Well done for trying, didn’t cross my mind, though I’ll get the extended warranty.
crazy they won’t let you spend it in that - what’s the difference? Would also only leave £100ish so you’d be left having to spend on accessories

Well done for trying, didn’t cross my mind, though I’ll get the extended warranty.
crazy they won’t let you spend it in that - what’s the difference? Would also only leave £100ish so you’d be left having to spend on accessories
Probably different revenue streams, so the one giving the compensation wants you to spend it in that section so they can recuperate the profit element. £500 to you might mean only £250 to them.

Probably different revenue streams, so the one giving the compensation wants you to spend it in that section so they can recuperate the profit element. £500 to you might mean only £250 to them.
Another example of customers not coming first.

If it’s a case of ‘use it or lose it’ then a list of ideas might help those affected? Here’s a few.

Suspension lowering.
Side bars.
Side streamers.
Bike rack.
Seat covers.
Additional keys.
Front spoiler.
Rear spoiler.
Dash-Cam(s).
Rubber mats.
2nd wind-out awning (for passenger side)!
Spare set of wheels with winter tyres.

If it’s a case of ‘use it or lose it’ then a list of ideas might help those affected? Here’s a few.

Suspension lowering.
Side bars.
Side streamers.
Bike rack.
Seat covers.
Additional keys.
Front spoiler.
Rear spoiler.
Dash-Cam(s).
Rubber mats.
2nd wind-out awning (for passenger side)!
Spare set of wheels with winter tyres.
The bike rack will always sell, just buy one of those and sell it on. That's what I did when the dealer included it in our negotiation.

Yep bike rack is a good shout as they sell for £400/£450 on here, worth getting the older shape as more in demand.

Same timeline here, currently being told late Feb '22. No offer either but tbh I've only heard of UK customers being offered it, could be wrong.

Back