Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Loyalty Bonus

Never been a huge golf fan they've always seemed expensive for what they are. We bought a 3 series BMW for less money!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Interesting.

I was going to buy a golf. I then looked at power options, interiors, bits and other bits, ended up with a 120 TDi in the drive :) Same money or slightly less and a nice discount from my regular BMW dealer.

I never used to be bothered about BMW's but am a big fan nowadays.
We bought an ex demo for a good price and our dealer is just round the corner from us and the service we get from them is excellent.
And take note VW in the 4 years we've had it not one problem of any sort.
Wouldn't consider buying anything else now, I just wish they made a Campervan!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

All is well that ends well. After some further correspondence VW have agreed to pay me some cash as a goodwill gesture in lieu of the loyalty scheme which is great and I think the right thing to do. Good to my word I will pay 100% of the payment to Addenbrokes hospital. They have a unit for housing parents while their children are in intensive care, Chestnut House so will drive up between Christmas and New Year. They were unbelievable when our son was born so nice to give something back. Thank you VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please let me know who you were corresponding with at VW regarding the payment in Lieu of the loyalty bonus, I would like to have the same discussion with them

Really interesting thread.

I'm coming at this issue from the angle of a California Beach owner planning to get a VW Golf to run alongside it. But despite buying a very expensive vehicle from VW just over 12 months ago apparently I'm not eligible for a loyalty bonus. The Beach is clearly a passenger vehicle, why else would it have 7 seats!

Seems perverse that my dad who has an 06 plate Passat that he picked up 3rd or 4th hand should be rewarded for loyalty whereas I who bought direct from a VW dealer should not.

I will try and get a sensible answer from VW UK but as others have said I'll be looking elsewhere if they can't resolve this anomaly.

Really interesting thread.

I'm coming at this issue from the angle of a California Beach owner planning to get a VW Golf to run alongside it. But despite buying a very expensive vehicle from VW just over 12 months ago apparently I'm not eligible for a loyalty bonus. The Beach is clearly a passenger vehicle, why else would it have 7 seats!

Seems perverse that my dad who has an 06 plate Passat that he picked up 3rd or 4th hand should be rewarded for loyalty whereas I who bought direct from a VW dealer should not.

I will try and get a sensible answer from VW UK but as others have said I'll be looking elsewhere if they can't resolve this anomaly.

Riofer. Saw your thread.

Have a look at the post below from another thread... If it works from Retail to Commercial then it should work from Commercial to Retail aswell?
Link is.
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/vw-commercial-dealership-loyalty-scheme.12579/

Just to add to Johnny P's post.
I received the following email correspondence from VW Commercial Vehicles Customer Care.

"After receiving contact from a number of customers that are staying within the VWG network but moving from a Passenger Car model to a Commercial we have now actioned a scheme on our model range.The scheme is applicable for orders placed from January to March, however if a customer that has placed an order before these dates and has loyalty to the brand contacts us, all factors are reviewed by a case by case basis."

We have a VW Car and have managed to gain the loyalty discount on our Cali order. I doubt that all the dealers are aware of this retail/commercial cross over on the loyalty scheme but it's worth pursuing if applicable to you.

Last edited:
Thanks iamchucky.

I emailed VW yesterday asking them to clarify if I was able to get the loyalty discount. I now have some hope of a positive response!

I had an email from my local vw van centre re loyalty bonus and nothing was mentioned for the cali,
so i emailed back and was then told there was a £1000 loyalty for a cali.Whether this is a local thing or not who knows !
dave and lisa

Back