Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Road Trip to Italy in 2020

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
@MattBW , @dayslikethis and myself are currently planning a road trip down to Lake Como in Italy for May 2020, we have already had a great response to this on Facebook so it looks like we have plenty of interest.

The initial plan is to drive down to Italy in convoy over the course of three days and arriving at Lake Como where we will be meeting some members of the VW California Club (Italy) for the weekend. We also have a great contact down in Italy who is researching campsites for us as well as a few day trip's.

This is all in the planning stage at the moment and we will keep you all updated once campsites and dates are confirmed later in the year.

Remember, this is for 2020 and not this year

49575798_2164374003626806_8783979702604791808_n.jpg

Hi Martin,
We did an Italian excursion last year. We took four days of touring to reach Tuscany. We used the Park4nite app so the overnight stops cost us very little. Here's one that I'd recommend:

IMG_6151.jpg

Yes, it's outside the Bürsner motorhome centre near Strassbourg which I found quite a funny. There were good facilities including water, an EHU, toilets and a hot shower and all free.

I'm not really suggesting you use Park4nite, as a whole line of calis turning up at these free stops might stretch the owners patience. :Nailbiting

Thanks Paul, much appreciated, I may well pick your brains on this further.

We stayed here last year. Right on the lakeside next to a nice beach and about ten miniutes walk to the pier to catch the boat up and down the lake.
https://www.hotelcampingeuropa.com/hotel-camping-domaso/en/
Turned up on spec late August and it was pretty busy so I guess it would definitely need booking for a number of vans.
We wanted to stay nearer Como but nearly all the sites are firther down the lake.

@MattBW , @dayslikethis and myself are currently planning a road trip down to Lake Como in Italy for May 2020, we have already had a great response to this on Facebook so it looks like we have plenty of interest.

The initial plan is to drive down to Italy in convoy over the course of three days and arriving at Lake Como where we will be meeting some members of the VW California Club (Italy) for the weekend. We also have a great contact down in Italy who is researching campsites for us as well as a few day trip's.

This is all in the planning stage at the moment and we will keep you all updated once campsites and dates are confirmed later in the year.

View attachment 40585
Hi Martin- we enjoyed a few days in 2014 at Camping la Riva, right alongside the northern end of Lake Como. Very good site.

Nice idea! We love Italy, and I have a sister who lives halfway between Lake Como and the Ligurian Coast most of the year - could be very handy.

Hi. We would also be interested in this trip - will be first time out of Blighty - feel comfort in a group.

Count us in please.

If you are looking for any recommendations on places to stay, we stayed at Camping North Wind in Domaso, right on the lake in September 2016 and found it to be really good. Its run by two brothers and they really could not have been more helpful - there's even a little bar on site too :)

Really like the sound of this Matt...………... very interested :thumb :bananadance2

Sounds amazing, we'd definitely be interested...but is this a child free trip?! Ours will be 9 & 10...

Good evening
We’ll be travelling from Ireland so maybe meet you in Folkstone/Dover??
Regards
Frank

View attachment 40585

View attachment 40585
We hope you join from belgium

I am planning a trip to Italy next year but it will be a few weeks earlier than this road trip (over Easter). Is Easter a terrible time to visit Italy? I am thinking that a lot of campsites, restaurants and other places of interest could be closed.
Any of you frequent visitors to Italy have experience over Easter?

We are interested. We're getting excited already!

Sounds brilliant and would love to go
Although at this rate there will be so many going that the front of the convoy will be in Italy and the back will be in Calais! :D