Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Club Joker City and Kepler - thoughts?

Holly Bus

Holly Bus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,

I'm returning to the VW camper fold and was close to a Cali BUT when I discovered the Kepler and Club Joker City I was very impressed with the conversions and now I'm considering these alternatives. You cannot get the Kepler in the UK. You can get the CCJ, the cost is on a par with the Cali. As with other purchases in the past its far cheaper to buy in Europe in Euros even with current exchange rates. I was just wondering if any of the Cali crew had any knowledge of the CCJ and any thoughts. If you've not seen the Kepler just do a search and give me your thoughts of what you see as the and cons?

Kepler.jpg

kepler 2.jpg

Welcome ,
I have checked out the Club Joker in a showroom and it all felt a bit light (wardrobes and drawers) also do not see why i wanted shower in such a smal van ...
There's almost no place to store things and (due to the shower) no booth space at all...
Nothing i would go for .
If i want a built in shower and toilet you need a bigger base verhicle to start with.
But hey each has theire own view on things all in all it does "looks" nice.

That's so right. So the 1959 Canterbury Pitt is long gone (stolen) and I had to check out and now am ready to check back in !

looks ok but the Cali meets my needs due to the set up. Rock and Roll bed (on rails) set up works as a daily drive.

The club city joker is quite well finished but when I looked at it carefully I thought very cramped due to layout and too much packed into a small space. Best advice it to get what you want and not be swayed by others. Whatever you choose you will have to live with it so judge your needs and go for it. Good luck.

good feedback chaps... thanks. I've yet to see either so this is useful. The Kepler is long wheel base and is my preferred option but clearly i need to see them so will hold out until then. The main issue I suppose is how often one would be 'on site' so no need for loo/shower (Cali preferred) , or off site out and about (Kepler as more space assumed than CCJ as long wheel base. A nice problem to mull over but by the end of the year I hope to be the owner of one of three !

I'm a Westy fan but not a great fan of the City Joker. Westfalia decided (perhaps were forced contractually) not to compete with the Cali, and therefore have produced something that won't appeal to the many here that have chosen Cali's.
For me the City Joker is for a mature couple who will do more days out than weeks away (there isn't enough storage). They will value the convenience (!) of a built in loo. I can see them having lovely days out, the odd sleep out, and the van will work very well for that purpose.
If a family of 4, a couple of dogs tried to do a fortnight in France in one, I don't think it's going to be a winner.

BUT, if Westfalia built a Cali competitor with a manual roof, sliding seat, side kitchen all to the quality, simplicity and durability they put into my current van, I'd be at the front of the queue.

It reminds me of something I saw at the weekend at the NEC, it had lots of units and functionality but seemed light on space. Particularly the bed looked very small in the one I saw. It wasn't this brand but it was the same layout.

It reminds me of something I saw at the weekend at the NEC, it had lots of units and functionality but seemed light on space. Particularly the bed looked very small in the one I saw. It wasn't this brand but it was the same layout.
Was it the Hillside Cromford by any chance?

It may have been it was up the stairs by all the vans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We looked closely at the Kepler and the MB Jules Verne version as well. They are well built, bit seemed to be trying to fit too much in the form factor. We are only 2, but found the lack of boot space to be a deal breaker. IMHO, to get everything in comfortably, you need to move up in size to a Hymercar Grand Canyon, type vehicle, but that is an entirely different proposition.

That being said, the Kepler seems to be selling fairly well. Saw one the other day nearby.

P.S. Dealer in Cleremont Ferrand told us that Westfalia has been agressive at setting up a dealer network in France. I think they bought a CC brand called Rapido and are trying to gain presence.