Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Coast T6.1 bed positions

The Wards

The Wards

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi, we have had our coast for about 4 weeks now and absolutely love it! After waiting nearly a year for delivery we are not disappointed. We would like some advice about the different positions of the lower bed. It seems to be on a ratchet system to lift the bed head to different angles for comfort and my question is… do you have to go around to the outside back door and pull the black cord to change the positions or can this be done somehow within the van? It would be great to be able to sit up in bed with a cuppa without having to go outside in your pj’s.

Hi, we have had our coast for about 4 weeks now and absolutely love it! After waiting nearly a year for delivery we are not disappointed. We would like some advice about the different positions of the lower bed. It seems to be on a ratchet system to lift the bed head to different angles for comfort and my question is… do you have to go around to the outside back door and pull the black cord to change the positions or can this be done somehow within the van? It would be great to be able to sit up in bed with a cuppa without having to go outside in your pj’s.
It can be done inside. Just pull the cord/handle at the back of the headboard/base thingy and let go art the angle you want. To lower it again just keep pressure on the handle.

Doable from inside with little practice.

About 10:40 into Cali Chris' YT vid here

Hi I too wanted a solution to this problem, no one wants to go out in the rain to raise the back up.
I added a second strap 20 mm wide in red and attached it via a loop around the roller bearing on the shelf. This piece of black plastic comes out by pulling down towards floor , slip the loop on and put it back. Now pull up on your black one and let it slip out of your hand as you remain holding the red one to keep it in the up position and lock in the next ratchet. Harder to explain than do.

Back