Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Europe Customer Service Contact Request

Tony Beretta

Tony Beretta

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all, after two weeks with my new California, I am very disappointed with the service given by the dealer.

My main complains are:

Handover was done in about 5 minutes with no showing of the main features. Did not open roof, nor lowered the seats.
I ordered a manual in Spanish or English and did not arrive. The salesman told me that I would have to wait two months for it. When I told him that in that case I would like to cancel the order (since I had to pay for it), he showed his disappointment.
The vehicle had two small bumps. One in the hood and the other one in the back. I was told by Camper Centrum Netherland that the bump in the back was caused by an attempt of installing the bike rack... which they said it did not arrive on time...
Minor scratches in one of the door's edge.
The tap end is loose.
I have been offered to repair these things at their garage but I dont want to visit their place any more. I just dont feel safe taking my Cali there. Plus they are asking me to leave the cali there for three days. They are offering a Polo as a substitute for it.
Well, all this has ruined the experience of getting the new Cali. I hope all this disappears over the years.
At this point, I would like to contact VW in order to show my disappointment and try to get indications of where could I get these things fixed. Do you know who should I write to? Any experience in dealing with this? By the way, the dealer is Losch Bonnevoie in Luxembourg.
Thanks

Just google VW commercial to get the phone number.
I would not have accepted a handover of 5 minutes at time of collection - Handover - check van -pay. Not pay -given keys - drive home feel let down. While you hold the money you have the upper hand. You have lost the advantage now but it is not a good service

UK link

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/contact-us

Thanks Meoncoast, you are right about holding the money thing but the excitement after a seven moth wait did not allow my head to think clearly.
Is there a european contact? Luxembourg is such a tiny country that I dont think there is a such a service. It is most probably a branch of Germany, I suppose.

Handover was done in about 5 minutes with no showing of the main features. Did not open roof, nor lowered the seats.
My handover date is provisionally set for 1 March. This is the busiest day of the year for many UK car dealers as it is the first day of the new 2017 registration. I have been forewarned that if I collect on this day it will be a short handover of "just" one hour, and if I want a proper handover I will have to come in a few days earlier. I cannot possibly fault the dealer for a short handover on the basis of this warning.

Five minutes for a handover sounds wholly inadequate.

Wow, "just" one hour...
To be honest, mine was around five minutes but that was more than I wanted. From the first moments I did not like the salesman. We contacted him around 5 times during the 7 month wait and that seemed to bother him and always ending the call with a typical "don't worry, I will call you when the car arrives". So when my cali arrived I was more than happy with getting the keys and running away.
I spotted the faults during the handover, and showed them. They agreed with the reparations but I will not enter that dealer ever again. If I dont get a solution from VW to get these things fixed somewhere else I will pay from my own pocket. I will still have to go back there to get my bike rack that is already paid.
I am new here in Luxembourg and went for the biggest dealer here. Now that I have talked to some locals about these issues everyone seems to agree that this is stay away place.

Wow, "just" one hour...
To be honest, mine was around five minutes but that was more than I wanted. From the first moments I did not like the salesman. We contacted him around 5 times during the 7 month wait and that seemed to bother him and always ending the call with a typical "don't worry, I will call you when the car arrives". So when my cali arrived I was more than happy with getting the keys and running away.
I spotted the faults during the handover, and showed them. They agreed with the reparations but I will not enter that dealer ever again. If I dont get a solution from VW to get these things fixed somewhere else I will pay from my own pocket. I will still have to go back there to get my bike rack that is already paid.
I am new here in Luxembourg and went for the biggest dealer here. Now that I have talked to some locals about these issues everyone seems to agree that this is stay away place.
Wow, Tony you did have a bad experience. So sorry to hear that but thanks for the tip off about the dealer. Luxemboug is a transit country for us later in the year on our way to Switzerland so a place (dealer) to avoid if we can. I am expecting to pick up my new Cali in the next week or so and am hoping that the handover will be a pleasant experience. Fingers crossed for you in getting those annoying dinks fixed quickly so you can put the experience behind you and get on with your dream.:)

Wow, "just" one hour...
I was under the impression that under the VW warranty you could go to ANY VW Dealership. You mentioned Camper Centrum, in I believe Belgium? They have had good reviews and come highly recommended by @hotel california . Might that be a possibility?

I did a search for VW Customer Service - Luxembourg and this site popped up. Any use?

http://www.volkswagen.lu/fr.html

Wow, Tony you did have a bad experience. So sorry to hear that but thanks for the tip off about the dealer. Luxemboug is a transit country for us later in the year on our way to Switzerland so a place (dealer) to avoid if we can. I am expecting to pick up my new Cali in the next week or so and am hoping that the handover will be a pleasant experience. Fingers crossed for you in getting those annoying dinks fixed quickly so you can put the experience behind you and get on with your dream.:)
Hi Jabberwocky, thanks for your mail. Yes, I am sure that this all will be forgotten soon. I am not the kind of person who demands special attention. I don't enjoy red carpets, champagnes, or even cups of coffee in shops. All I wished was my California in perfect conditions, the bike rack and the manual and I did not receive any of those.

I was under the impression that under the VW warranty you could go to ANY VW Dealership. You mentioned Camper Centrum, in I believe Belgium? They have had good reviews and come highly recommended by @hotel california . Might that be a possibility?

I did a search for VW Customer Service - Luxembourg and this site popped up. Any use?

http://www.volkswagen.lu/fr.html
Hi WelshGas, thanks for your help. Yes, I was aware of this page. I suspect this will redirect me to the same dealer. In fact this is the biggest dealer in the country and they also are the official VW headquarters here in Luxembourg. All VWs sold here pass through them. That is why I chose it. Apart of the VW group, they sell Lambos, Bentleys... and they sell quite a few. There is a lot of rich people here, which is great, but it is not my case. I'm afraid that even if you buy a Bentley you might leave the place with a couple of bumps and scratches... can you imagine? Hey, nice second hand car! It looks almost like new! After spending 250000€.
What I will try is, as you say, to pick up my bike rack and get my Cali fixed somewhere else. It will probably be Camper Cemtrum in the Netherlands. I think they know what they have between hands.

@Tony Beretta , great news the Cali has arrived alltough the downside of the problems .
I think these bumps, tap ,..needs sorting out with your dealer in Luxemb. as other dealers probally will charge you for the fix.
From then on just cross the border to our Dutch friends in Amersfoort....;)
You been there allready? What did you think of thiere showroom?

By the looks of it they used your Cali in the showroom before handing over to you?

Back