Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted Vw internal windscreen blind/cover thingy

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Don't suppose anyone's got one going spare? We'd particularly like one of the latest type that I think uses stickers rather than the tent pole style - but that would be better than the one we've got, as one of the tent pole ends is starting to poke through the canvas. We're going to Calis on the Farm for possible transaction?

Thanks in advance!

Ian

(We've already got one of the external covers)

Hi IanE - Did you have any luck sourcing one? Make? Model? VW want £240+VAT for one of their own blinds....with suckers, but I don't want to be one of the suckers. :shocked

My 2014 has internal covers with sewn in magnets for the side windows, at the front, and the windscreen one hangs from the sun shades with a weighted bottom hem.

I went for the Comfortz Leisure external cover. I do have the internal covers for the sides but also wanted to stop the dust from building up on the windscreen when at festivals etc. Also that keeps any condensation from building up internally. Trial and error I guess.

Hi Davidapp - no no luck I'm afraid. Might try to repair it - no way I'm paying 240 plus VAT!

Hi Davidapp - no no luck I'm afraid. Might try to repair it - no way I'm paying 240 plus VAT!

When we bought the Cali we bought an external cover so never used the internal (tent pole) one. But after using it a few times we couldn't be bothered so used the tent pole internal one which we think is fine. But like yours, it frayed at the business ends so my wife did a fairly unattractive sewing job on them and it's been fine ever since.
We leave the blinds fully made up under the top mattress when not in use.
I had to laugh out loud at the £240+VAT for a replacement:veryfunny

I think we're going to do a similar sewing job Barry! Though we do sometimes use the external type - like now - we're in the Auvergne where it's very hot, so we're appreciating the insulation aspect.

Hi i have a front curtain and two door curtains with the poles in for sale items 149,95
for the three selling as a set if your still looking
regards.

Back