Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw winter cover

F

fatty thumb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I would just like to say thank you to david from the shop on the forum for getting my cover to me so quickly.
I decided due to needing an operation on my wrist i would pack the cali away this winter.I really struggled to find a decent cover that would fit well my cali with a bike rack and awning. The cover in the shop is such good value i enlisted the help of my friend to fit it. I am really pleased with the way it looks and fits. I am now looking forward to uncovering her in the spring
Thanks again david

Where did you buy this from, I cant seem to find it?

The Comfortz cover seems to work well. The inside of the cover was dry today, so it has been on since the 20th through all the rain we've had. Easy to fit and easy to remove for one person, but I am over 6' which helps. My only criticism and where I think improvements need to be made is around the wing mirrors. Even with the mirrors folded in, the cover is too tight around them and that is before tightening the rear straps. In high winds, there is some shifting of the cover and when it is pulled tight on the mirror, there is the potential for marking. My mirrors were slightly marked where the cover was but I managed to polish out the rub marks. The cover needs to have wing mirror "ears" that can accommodate the width of the mirrors. Other than that it seems to work well and dries quickly with a dehumidifier to pack away. I would be concerned about using it again unless I can ensure it is out of the wind, which on my street seems to be impossible.

The Comfortz cover seems to work well. The inside of the cover was dry today, so it has been on since the 20th through all the rain we've had. Easy to fit and easy to remove for one person, but I am over 6' which helps. My only criticism and where I think improvements need to be made is around the wing mirrors. Even with the mirrors folded in, the cover is too tight around them and that is before tightening the rear straps. In high winds, there is some shifting of the cover and when it is pulled tight on the mirror, there is the potential for marking. My mirrors were slightly marked where the cover was but I managed to polish out the rub marks. The cover needs to have wing mirror "ears" that can accommodate the width of the mirrors. Other than that it seems to work well and dries quickly with a dehumidifier to pack away. I would be concerned about using it again unless I can ensure it is out of the wind, which on my street seems to be impossible.
Very informative.
Our Cali is used purely for leisure and does spend much of its time stationary. Therefore I am tempted to buy one of these covers to protect it from the elements and also bird lime etc. However the only thing that has stopped me so far is the potential to leave chafe marks on the paintwork due to the constant wind movement.

Has anyone had any long term experience of these covers?

I have just been talking to a neighbour who has a TVR which is covered with a breathable outdoor cover. Where the material has been in contact with the bonnet and front wings it has caused the paint to blister. Lots of pin head size spots, which he says disappear once they dry out. May be just a problem with GRP bodies and/or the paint type?

I would like to add that the inside material is not very soft. I am no expert in breathable materials, but it feels rough to the touch. I remember when my father got a cover for his Porsche and I'm sure the inside was like lambs wool, very soft to the touch. So, using the Comfortz cover where there is shifting in wind, in my opinion would not be advisable.

I would like to add that the inside material is not very soft. I am no expert in breathable materials, but it feels rough to the touch. I remember when my father got a cover for his Porsche and I'm sure the inside was like lambs wool, very soft to the touch. So, using the Comfortz cover where there is shifting in wind, in my opinion would not be advisable.
Thats for that. Just as I thought.

looking for a decent cover for the cali, good advice on the wing mirror scenario.
it seems there is no stock left for the winter cover and not too sure which alternative to buy.

Back