Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Wurst Part No: 199 398 500 A

Apparently, being VW, they produce noxious gases! ;)

38886-9f7abe759b25b8348fd19d37919468c6.jpg
This is the fuel the use with the Sausages

DSCF3355 (1).JPG

Mate of mine tried to get some through TPS a couple of years ago using the part number but unsurprising without any luck :)

I was just reading the article - I thought it was funny. They said they send it to VW dealer Europe wide. The next time I am with my local dealer I might ask ....

Have I said that, there are fierce debates about "Currywurst". One group argues that a "Currywurst" hast to be Bratwurst, the other group argues the "Currywurst" hast to be a Bockwurst.

I grew up in an area that believes that a proper "Currywurst" hast to be made out of Bratwurst. :thumb

Well, there must be something to argue about...

Regards,
Eberhard

I wouldn't want to stray into a German Kultur Scheiss-Sturm Eberhard, but as far as the Cold War British Army was concerned, it definitely had to be a Bratwurst. That was in northern Germany of course - mainly Nordrhein-Westfalen and Niedersachsen where the Brits had bases.

The favoured retail outlet for a Bratty or a Curry-worst was at a roadside Schnellimbiss, a kiosk known inevitably to British squaddies as a "Shnellie". Heavenly, on the way back to barracks after a freezing wet week in a forest. The boys used to give them stars, based on the quantity of the chips and the amount of mayo in a serving.

Good afternoon,

I am from Hessen (country side) a place of the "Brat Curry", but we moved closer to Frankfurt / Main when I got older.

Frankfurt, as a modern multicultural city choices were available at those "Schnellimbisse". So, customers could / can order either a "Brat Curry" or a "Rinds Curry".

A few years ago I went to Köln to visit the Photokina. Arriving early evening at the Hotel (just beside the train station) I thought that I get something to eat before I retire early to be fit for the fair the next day.

So off I went and ended up in the train station. There was a huge "Schellimbiss" with many customers. I thought that is a good sign and went for a "Currywurst" (I can't get them in Ireland and I missed them a wee bit). I ordered a "Brat Curry" as I would have done in Frankfurt - big mistake. I ended up in a 15 minute conversation with the Schnellimbiss owner about the fact that a "Currywurst" has to be from Rindswurst, (have I said that it was a nice civilized conversation - even if the subject was so important o_O ).

At the end I tried a "Rinds Curry" (he had no Brat Curry on offer anyway). As it turned out the two (I had to have a second one to ensure that my first impression was correct :) ) were actually very nice. Really.

But for the protocol, a Curry Wurst has to be a "Brat Curry".:).

Whenever you are in Germany give it a try - a good "Brat Curry" (and one is open minded) even a "Rinds Curry" can be delicious if you get a good Schnellimpbiss.

upload_2019-1-3_16-4-55.png

Regards,
Eberhard

All this German sausage curry chit chat is making my mouth water. I’m now looking forward to the factory visit even more, especially if part number 199 398 500 A is on offer in the restaurant.

Back