VWT4 gear linkage bushes no longer being made by VW

A

atk13

VIP Member
Hi all,

Before I get shot down haha, I know that there are loads of after market alternatives, this is just a heads up.

I’m away from home at the moment and Sod’s Law has dictated that the T4 Exclusive doesn’t want to go into reverse. As my partner is using the van, she has gone to the VW dealer for a replacement sent of gear linkage bushes to be fitted, to see if this cures the problem.

The parts department informed her that although he had the parts in stock but that VW were no longer manufacturing these parts. This being the two ball ends and the sleeve. Just a heads up in case anyone else’s gear change is like stirring porridge or that doesn’t like one or more gears and you want OEM parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Came across this website looking for part. https://busschmiede.de/?k=196&lang=eng

Those are the parts for sure. The parts department at VW are charging £20.40 for the sets (two balls and a sleeve) they have left. I’ve seen them much cheaper online in UK and eBay but doesn’t help when I’m not around to attempt to fit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back