Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wardrobe help please

I am really tempted to order one of these too, but wish it was just a little narrower so there might be space to still hang a coat - I hang a coat or two in there and then have a laundry bag and bag for 'smalls' plus pyjamas chucked in underneath the coats, so most of the space is wasted. It would be great to put clothes in the wardrobe (currently kept in the drawer under the bench) in a Neatfreak hanger, but where would I hang my coat? o_O

Hello Maud

My wife says to tell you that "Neatfreak " storage comes in different sizes have a look on the John Lewis web site.

Steve

We tend to hang 'formal dining attire' in the wardrobe, ball gowns and suits tend to get crumpled otherwise........ Of course we always carry an ironing board to make sure shirts and trousers are neatly pressed.......as an alternative we stuff our 'informal attire' in the bench seat drawer, works for us ;)

Ps the neat freak thing looks very useful
You have a VW Glam-ifornia then? :D

I have just fitted neatfreak in my wardrobe and ever so impressed. 9 folded Tee shirts, two pairs of crops, three skirts and room for lots more without the knocking from coathangers.

Now going on a 2,000 mile roadtest,

Well, if I can get to Eurotunnel tomorrow of course ...

Have a save trip

We tend to hang 'formal dining attire' in the wardrobe, ball gowns and suits tend to get crumpled otherwise........ Of course we always carry an ironing board to make sure shirts and trousers are neatly pressed.......as an alternative we stuff our 'informal attire' in the bench seat drawer, works for us ;)

Ps the neat freak thing looks very useful

The wardrobe is useless for evening wear, too short
Have a save trip

Thank you ...

setting off in an hour to admire the view of the Kent countryside.

Police have closed the M20 again:(

We stuff the duvet & pillows into the wardrobe. Our clothes are in three large IKEA Skubb boxes on the back shelf - his, hers and shoes. We sleep up top and usually only go away for a couple of days at a time.
For a longer trip we put clothes in the underseat drawer. My clothes don't need ironing. Jen's event-wear hanging plan is a good tip.
But those wardrobe shelves do look neat.

If en route to a black tie event, our gowns / dinner suits are laid flat on the back seat or shelf.

The wardrobe is useless for evening wear, too short

Thank you ...

setting off in an hour to admire the view of the Kent countryside.

Police have closed the M20 again:(

How is your trip going? Read about some huge traffic problems in Calais?

How is your trip going? Read about some huge traffic problems in Calais?

Getting to France yesterday was a nightmare.

Accident before even getting on to the folkestone motorway delayed us for an hour, then the folkestone motorway was closed again to be used as a truck park spilling out from the eurotunnel terminal, 2 hours delay, then an hour delay with eurotunnel itself.

My booked train was 13.30, I finally got on the 18.00 which, for a change, was rescheduled to leave 30 minutes early at 17.30..

Anyway, here now, in France, and with Albert stopping over in ....... Albert :D

I suspect this is another one of the 50+ things that VW could have improved on the T6 California but focussed on the easy bits like LED running lights instead, Slightly more difficult to create a truly versatile cupboard space than add a row of LEDs, style over content I believe it's called!

Liking all the DIY fixes, but it would be good if it were a little better resolved by VW in the first place.

Stephen

There was a previous reference to an Ikea alternative to Neatfreak. We use it and is a nice design which goes well with the grey cali seats etc. Photo attached. Ikea Svira ÂŁ11. Works a treatIMG_1833.JPG

There was a previous reference to an Ikea alternative to Neatfreak. We use it and is a nice design which goes well with the grey cali seats etc. Photo attached. Ikea Svira ÂŁ11. Works a treatView attachment 9035

Saw this one yesterday and plan to buy one tomorrow! Good to see that it fits perfectly! Thanks for the picture! I was starting to go crazy because I couldn't find a proper solution for this wardrobe issue!

I suspect this is another one of the 50+ things that VW could have improved on the T6 California but focussed on the easy bits like LED running lights instead, Slightly more difficult to create a truly versatile cupboard space than add a row of LEDs, style over content I believe it's called!

Liking all the DIY fixes, but it would be good if it were a little better resolved by VW in the first place.

Stephen

Whatever they did there will always be someone who wants something different.

I've used the wardrobe as a wardrobe, it worked perfectly well for what I wanted then. For a ÂŁ15 "delivered next day" piece of innovation I now have drawer space instead of wardrobe space. Others use that space for stacking bedding. I've used it in the past for stacking boxes.

I hardly see a big versatile space with a hanging rail fitted as a design flaw :D

That IKEA Svira thing looks great, and at ÂŁ11 is well worth a try.

Thank you all for lots of great ideas :)

Not sure I would use the Wardrobe for bedding but since it does take a bit of space I use a Canoe Bag as a kind of stuff sack which at least halves the amount of space the duvet and pillows take.

Ortleib Canoe bag sold by Cotswolds with the VIP discount available.

We use the cupboard of doom for bedding - means we only ever open it once a day and everything else we need is in the van. It's handy, but not very easy to get in and out of.

We use the cupboard of doom for bedding - means we only ever open it once a day and everything else we need is in the van. It's handy, but not very easy to get in and out of.

:D

I made some shelves with offcuts from an old Ikea desk and some alloy strip.
Initally the shelf supports were stuck to the sides of the wardrobe with sticky back velcro but these fell off in the heat in Spain so I used alloy strip with the shelf support angels pop rivetted on. The strips just sit on the bottom of the cupboard so can be removed if required.
The number of shelves is personal preference but we find two ideal for us and use zip bags (similar to ebags but cheaper) from Decathlon. Similar to these
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/kit-3-storage-bags-id_6317728.html

Is there a reason why you didn't extend the breadth to the full breadth of the cupboard?

Is there a reason why you didn't extend the breadth to the full breadth of the cupboard?

Yes
two reasons. One so that we could still hang clothes if we wanted to and also if the bottom shelf was full width it would make it difficult to get stuff in and out of the bottom

Hi Tunworththunderbolt - looking on the ikea site, the svira thingy looks to have around three surplus "shelves" - I take it you just cut them off?

Yes
two reasons. One so that we could still hang clothes if we wanted to and also if the bottom shelf was full width it would make it difficult to get stuff in and out of the bottom
Makes sense.

Thanks!

Back