Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

how do the sliding shutters open?

Jane Baker

Jane Baker

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have just bought a new california se and the garage totally failed to give us a handover session. This may sound silly, but we can't figure out how to open the sliding shutters on the wardrobe and the rear cupboard....they seem to be firmly locked in place by a pin at the top and bottom. Please help!

Hi and congratulations on your getting your California. Just hold the edge of the shutter and gently pull outwards which releases the pins from the locking position, then slide it open.

If you open the hinged door first and look at the "track" the shutters run in, you will see the shutter needs to be pushed into the cupboard slightly first before it slides back.
Hope this helps.
Which crappy dealers sold you a hugely expensive vehicle and couldn't be bothered to give you a hand over session on a very complicated vehicle or did the salesman not know himself?
I would ring the dealer Principle and ask to be given a proper handover!
And welcome to the club:thumb

Thank you very much for your help..We bought the vehicle from the Sinclair Van Centre Cardiff...we were originally promised a handover seesion, but we picked it up on a saturday and the technician was not in work....the salesman didnt have a clue!

They know their vans but not the California. One of the reasons I went to South Hereford VW .
Not all Dealerships are the same. Don't worry too much this Forum will give you all the help and advice you'll need. Just enjoy a fantastic vehicle.

We had exactly the same type of experience with Sinclair which was why we took our money to South Hereford too as their customer service was excellent. I still bypass Sinclair and get the van serviced in Hereford too as its a nice day out and the service makes up for the extra hour drive.

We also had the same problems with Sinclair in Cardiff and so we bought our Cali from Heritage in Bristol instead. They provided excellent customer service.

This stuff makes me cross. The handover should be part of the experience of buying a Cali and start you on your way confident.

I'm beginning to think the best people to do the hand over is another owner. Unless you live with a Cali I don't think you really understand them. Some dealers are better than others and on some days rather than others (My experience of Hertiage Bristol was not ok but not great).

So if you are in the South West I'd be happy to spend a hour or so to help any new owners that didn't get a good handover from their dealers and I'm sure there are other owners that would do the same.

I paid £40 for the guys at Campervantastic to give me a full working demo. I was going away the following day and I knew more than the garage just from being an avid forum reader here. It was definately well spent, or see if there is someone on here who lives near you.

Back