Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

waste water drain tap

R

ROBERT62

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have just found a leak, coming out of the waste water drain tap.So will need to replace.Cant seem to find the part i require on line can anyone assist thanks,

Check the valve is closed properly, it might have been knocked slightly open by something in the cupboard. If it is leaking, it is probably the valve which needs replacing.

The leak is coming from one of the nuts attached,so agree valve needs to be replaced. Dont where to start looking?

I’m sure someone will be along with a parts drawing but can you upload a photo. It may be that it only needs to be tightened. Unusual for a ball valve to leak unless the valve seal has perished.

The club shop has a selection of spare parts. They probably don't have the valve you're looking for in stock, but they could probably source it for you.

Otherwise contact these guys: https://vwvanpartsdirect.co.uk/contact-form/

Are you sure it's the valve itself and not the connecting tubes or some blockage?

Thanks for your help, will be checking connecting tubes and for blockage.If i am not sure will take and get professional to look at problem.

I’m sure someone will be along with a parts drawing but can you upload a photo. It may be that it only needs to be tightened. Unusual for a ball valve to leak unless the valve seal has perished.
Photo of faulty vavle, just to the right of handle it appears to be corroded

20231119_102821.jpg

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a similar valve in your local DIY store. Just pul it off carefully and take it shopping.

Hi when you say just pull it off carefully? Maybe it's just me ,but it looked more complicated than that.I have not done much plumbing work if any. What tools would I require, just a screwdriver to undo the jubilee clip and the rest just pulled off is that right.
Thanks

Hi when you say just pull it off carefully? Maybe it's just me ,but it looked more complicated than that.I have not done much plumbing work if any. What tools would I require, just a screwdriver to undo the jubilee clip and the rest just pulled off is that right.
Thanks
Probably easier to undo the two plastic nuts the valve looks like a normal domestic one so diy shop or local plumbing supplier.

Probably easier to undo the two plastic nuts the valve looks like a normal domestic one so diy shop or local plumbing supplier.
Hi , yes understand thanks for your assistance

The waste water valve is a standard plumbing part. If you ask for a DN15 a plumbers merchant should recognise the number and hopefully have one in stock. I needed to replace mine as the centre sheared off with the handle coming off when I rotated the valve. It is a limited access job and a bit awkward.29D4DB27-27D9-441B-878D-07C0A337211C.jpeg
The valve is female at both ends with an adapter for the tee piece end to provide a male attachment as the nylon tee pice is female. The replacement valve I got was slightly longer and wouldn’t fit in between the ‘U’ shaped mounting bracket so I bent one of the flanges out of the way and just used a single end. Critical sequence - the T piece cannot rotate so the valve is rotated to attach first and the straight male connector afterwards. Use plumbers paste and ptfe tape around the threads prior to assembly. Recommend removing shelf from cupboard and the round access panel on the side wall and use a good torch. The valve has to stop rotating on the tee piece at a pre-determined point so the lever is at a ninety degree plane so it can rotate open/closed. Good luck - take frequent rests for the mind and fingers.

Mine was blocked and was going to remove it, looked that much of a pig to do just left it

The waste water valve is a standard plumbing part. If you ask for a DN15 a plumbers merchant should recognise the number and hopefully have one in stock. I needed to replace mine as the centre sheared off with the handle coming off when I rotated the valve. It is a limited access job and a bit awkward.View attachment 116666
The valve is female at both ends with an adapter for the tee piece end to provide a male attachment as the nylon tee pice is female. The replacement valve I got was slightly longer and wouldn’t fit in between the ‘U’ shaped mounting bracket so I bent one of the flanges out of the way and just used a single end. Critical sequence - the T piece cannot rotate so the valve is rotated to attach first and the straight male connector afterwards. Use plumbers paste and ptfe tape around the threads prior to assembly. Recommend removing shelf from cupboard and the round access panel on the side wall and use a good torch. The valve has to stop rotating on the tee piece at a pre-determined point so the lever is at a ninety degree plane so it can rotate open/closed. Good luck - take frequent rests for the mind and fingers.
hi when you removed the jubelli clips, did the connecting pipes come away easily.
cheers Rob

WThanks i need to replace the plastic connections and the u shaped supporting plate as well are these parts easily soured
The U bracket will be a VW bespoke part so is yours corroded beyond salvage?
May need to make a new bracket up or see if spare available from VW or

Regarding the plastic fittings these should be salvageable unless broken and require ptf tape to seal or suitable joint compound that doesn’t glue the pieces together so you can de assemble and try again.
The work area is a sod, so mind and fingers will take a hit as @Tomcali mentions

After a bit of search effort, all parts are available from LLL parts

You will need parts (Google link to page is below)

6,7,8,9 and 19(X2) plus patience and perseverance to replace these through the access hatch.

IMG_6481.png

If you don’t intend to camp in it shortly, I would strip down the parts and see what parts you really need. The valve may be ok.

6,7,8,9 and 19(X2) plus patience and perseverance to replace these through the access hatch.

View attachment 116719

View attachment 116719
Thanks for searching really usefull link, have all the parts i require now.

Back