Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Faucet problems

laurentfox

laurentfox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Greetings all.
I have a 2005 VW Cali T5. On a recent trip, I was using the water faucet/sink when I ran out of water. I immediately turned the faucet off and the next morning, refilled the reservoir tank. I then tried to get some water from the sink and nothing came out. I can hear the pump motor running but still not water coming through. The tank is full and the pump is running, even letting it run for 30 seconds to a minute. Any thoughts what could cause this and how to fix? Thanks much! Laurent

Hello.
I only can think about 2 possible reasons:
Either the pump propeller fall off the pump shaft, or the pump is filled with air and for some reason unable to suck the water.
In 1st instance the pump is to be replaced.
Second... I would try to suck water when tap is on, somehow (with mouth?, :sad )

Different scenario is also possible: you actually have not run out of water but the propeller fall off the shaft.

Regards
Andrzej

Hi, it sounds just like the problem we had recently, the tube had come away from the reservoir tank.

Andresz said:
Hello.
Either the pump propeller fall off the pump shaft, or the pump is filled with air and for some reason unable to suck the water.
Second... I would try to suck water when tap is on, somehow (with mouth?, :sad )

Different scenario is also possible: you actually have not run out of water but the propeller fall off the shaft.

Regards
Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej, sorry for the late reply, was on the road without wifi. I did siphon the water through the faucet and got water to come through but it stopped. So maybe it is the propeller shaft. Any idea how to get in and check that? Thanks again, Laurent

philrich99 said:
Hi, it sounds just like the problem we had recently, the tube had come away from the reservoir tank.

Thanks Philrich99,
Can you tell me if you were able to reconnect the hose yourself? If so, how did you do it? Thanks Laurent

Hi

No, ours had to go in for another problem & was fixed by the dealer. We'd assumed it was more complicated & hadn't tried to fix it ourselves other than checking the water levels & running the tap, but the dealer said it was really simple. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Phil

laurentfox said:
Andresz said:
Hello.

Regards
Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej, sorry for the late reply, was on the road without wifi. I did siphon the water through the faucet and got water to come through but it stopped. So maybe it is the propeller shaft. Any idea how to get in and check that? Thanks again, Laurent

If I remember well, the access to the water pump is through the round hatch at the bottom of the vertical cupboard, next to the fridge..

Thanks Andrzej, sorry for the late reply, was on the road without wifi. I did siphon the water through the faucet and got water to come through but it stopped. So maybe it is the propeller shaft. Any idea how to get in and check that? Thanks again, Laurent[/quote]

If I remember well, the access to the water pump is through the round hatch at the bottom of the vertical cupboard, next to the fridge..[/quote]

Great, I will check that out. Thanks again!

It will be tight its easier to do it from the back.remove the shelf covering the gas bottle
And you will then see the big round water tank lid. I tapped mine with a piece of wood and rubber mallet. One its open the pump can be pulled up to the opening you will see if the pipe has come detached

Calikev said:
It will be tight its easier to do it from the back.remove the shelf covering the gas bottle
And you will then see the big round water tank lid. I tapped mine with a piece of wood and rubber mallet. One its open the pump can be pulled up to the opening you will see if the pipe has come detached

Thanks Calikev, I'll give that a try. Appreciate the info. Laurent

philrich99 said:
Hi

No, ours had to go in for another problem & was fixed by the dealer. We'd assumed it was more complicated & hadn't tried to fix it ourselves other than checking the water levels & running the tap, but the dealer said it was really simple. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I'll just jump in based on the other comments and see what I can find. Cheers Laurent

philrich99 said:
Hi

Phil

Phil,
Thanks again very much, that was the problem and was simple. All I had to do was disconnect the water sensor connecter, unscrew the white lid (took a mallet and block to budge it). Once inside I saw the tube that was connected to the pump. When I turned the faucet on, it shot straight out telling me that was the correct tube. I think reached around under the top until I found the inlet valve and reconnected the tube. Presto, works like a charm. Appreciate the input! Laurent

Grand job !!, thank you for letting us know Laurent.
Regards
Andrzej

Andresz said:
Grand job !!, thank you for letting us know Laurent.
Regards
Andrzej

Thanks again for your inputs Andrej!

Back