Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tank cap won't come off

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I can't get the cap off the water tank to fill it up. I've unlocked it but it just spins round & round, so I tried locking it again & it just sticks fast. Now I'm not sure which way's locked & which unlocked, but either way it won't open.

I've opened this up dozens of times without any trouble (well, it's always a bit awkward but usually it works). Not sure what to do now - any thoughts?

This is on a T5 2008 Cali.

Good plan. And this one is presumably suitable for a 2008 Cali, judging by Martin's review?

I can't get the cap off the water tank to fill it up. I've unlocked it but it just spins round & round, so I tried locking it again & it just sticks fast. Now I'm not sure which way's locked & which unlocked, but either way it won't open.

I've opened this up dozens of times without any trouble (well, it's always a bit awkward but usually it works). Not sure what to do now - any thoughts?

This is on a T5 2008 Cali.
Spinning round & round is locked, so unlocked is when it’s stuck fast. I’m guessing it’s not sitting square and that’s what is causing you problems. You could try a bit more force, but that risks breaking it. Good luck...

Thanks - we've now managed to get the cap off - all a bit creaky in operation once off (trying it out) so I'm going to order the replacement anyway.

Ten years seems to be the time when a lot of things are going wrong on the van - besides this, several blinds are semi-broken, several bulbs have gone, I broke one of the sink top hinges (ok so not a general fault).

Maybe time to get a replacement?!