Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We broke the black clip that holds the slatted roof closed - help please

J

JJ Blue

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Please can anyone help us find a spare part for the black metal clip thing that holds the slatted roof closed? We have managed to snap it :(
Thanks in anticipation
John

Sorry just realised its a beach so probably different on an ocean.

Not seen a 2007 Ocean

PS It's a 2007 California Ocean.
Your Avatar information says you have a T6 Ocean but you say a 2007 California Ocean. The Ocean is a T6 model and was introduced in 2015.

Anyway, there is No Black clip holding the Roof Hatch closed. If you have one then it is something fitted by a previous owner, not VW.

ED041629-EA55-42E6-8DA0-E156CAF2E9D2.jpeg

When I first looked I could swear the Avatar information said Beach, hence my second post, but I am getting old...

I can see that now with my glasses on :rolleyes:
Don't worry Loz, I go out without checking sometimes wondering why I can't see, then realise I still have my reading specs on :confused:

Last edited:
What is 55 on that parts list?
Base Plate and Support at the rear of the bed space. With top of wardrobe and rear roof locker underneath.

Thank you everyone. We are confused ourselves about this vehicle which we only got in May this year. It was registered in March 2007. Someone said 'it's a Beach', someone else said it's an Ocean. I'm simply not knowledgeable enough to know the difference! The logbook defines it as Transporter Calif SE 174A. Motor Caravan. Please put us right!

Regarding the black clip - thank you all for your thoughts and input.

I guess we will need to widen our search. I guess the previous owner must have added the pop top or were they manufactured with it already installed? Our local VW dealer couldn't find the part either.
Many thanks

Thank you everyone. We are confused ourselves about this vehicle which we only got in May this year. It was registered in March 2007. Someone said 'it's a Beach', someone else said it's an Ocean. I'm simply not knowledgeable enough to know the difference! The logbook defines it as Transporter Calif SE 174A. Motor Caravan. Please put us right!

Regarding the black clip - thank you all for your thoughts and input.

I guess we will need to widen our search. I guess the previous owner must have added the pop top or were they manufactured with it already installed? Our local VW dealer couldn't find the part either.
Many thanks

P1015489.jpg

Its a VW California SE, the full Campervan as sold by and made by VW with built in Kitchen, water and waste tanks. Gas bottle holder within rear water tank. 2 Leisure Batteries 1 under front passenger seat and 1 under Rear wardrobe. Electro Hydraulic roof and Mains power hookup and charger for Leisure Batteries. According to the information from your V5c.
If it doesn't have all this then I dont know.

The front end is a T5.1 and the rear lights are T5
the seats look 2007 T5 also.

Its a VW California SE, the full Campervan as sold by and made by VW with built in Kitchen, water and waste tanks. Gas bottle holder within rear water tank. 2 Leisure Batteries 1 under front passenger seat and 1 under Rear wardrobe. Electro Hydraulic roof and Mains power hookup and charger for Leisure Batteries. According to the information from your V5c.
If it doesn't have all this then I dont know.
Yep, it has all this. So, we definitely have a T5 Cali SE (forerunner of the Ocean) - thank you for clarifying! I'll amend our avatar info.

Looks like a T5 with a facelift to the T5.1. That is "easy" done with just a bonnet, headlights and front bumper with grill.

T5.1 to T6 you will need a new front inlay too and new front wheel arches for fitting the T6 headlights.

Hi. we have the same model van, also with no securing clip for the slated roof. For what it's worth I wedge in a folded up business card!!

Stick a length of self adhesive Velcro (the fuzzy side) to the upper edge of the recess where the leading edge of the slatted panel engages. The friction is sufficient to stop the panel from opening without a gentle shove.