Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We Buy Any Car

Grr

Grr

Towel babes
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We had a 2015 T5.1 4motion DSG and pondered over upgrading to a T6. The Cali went into our local main dealer for a recall and whilst killing time got caught by a salesman looking at a new edition 30 and was offered a trade in price. We politely said, 'you what' when he offered us a pitiful amount with a smug grin on his face.
Searching the web over a number of months we had what we believe to be a fair market price about 7k over the dealership price. We then decided to hold onto our cali and keep the money in the bank. A month later after a glass of wine Philip Schofield came on TV and I typed our details into We Buy Any Car.com. Then showed my wife they offered us more than we paid for the cali 2 years ago. Neither of us believed the offer and thought they would beat the price down but thought lets go and see.
Took the Cali to them the next day and after a look at the bodywork and service book offered us £200 less than their internet offer. We went away pondered over the offer then decided to sell making £500 on our Cali. Only 1 slight hiccup we had camps booked for the summer holidays and no cali to go in.
After 2 weeks of searching we are now proud owners of a T6 and loving the upgrade and ready to camp next week.
Moral of the story wishes can happen though bank balance is looking a bit sorry for itself :bananadance2

He is the front man for the ad at the moment, though he might get fired soon once they realise what they paid for the old cali. It was worth more than the dealership but not what they paid us. Almost felt sorry for them! It did get us pricing up second hand cali's to see what we could sell them for (didn't ask about the optional extras) though reckon they may work out their mistake PDQ.

He is the front man for the ad at the moment,
Ahh. now i get it.
And there i was thinking you were hitting the bottle whilst watching some ´morning show´
lol.
There are some others on here that have also had good results with WBAC.

We also couldn't believe what Wbac offered for our Ocean a couple of weeks ago, several thousand pounds more than we paid for it new 15 months and thousands of miles ago. Too tempting, couldn't resist when we found a demo with our perfect spec. Still can't believe it, happy campers! It goes to auction next week, would love to know what it actually sells for if anyone knows how to get sold prices from BCA but I can't believe they will recover their money.

Good to hear of some others happy with WBAC.

I was very pleased with what I received and it was up at a VW dealer only a few weeks later.

I understand that the WBAC valuations take no account for specification and extras (over and above Beach, Ocean, colour, engine and gearbox), making the lower spec vehicles the winners here.

I
I understand that the WBAC valuations take no account for specification and extras (over and above Beach, Ocean, colour, engine and gearbox), making the lower spec vehicles the winners here.
I think you will find that most buyers of second hand vehicles are not prepared to pay extra for many fancy options. They may make the vehicle sell quicker but won’t make extra cash.

Annoying thing with then is that they don’t have an option for the 150 psi Cali, just the 204.

We also couldn't believe what Wbac offered for our Ocean a couple of weeks ago, several thousand pounds more than we paid for it new 15 months and thousands of miles ago. Too tempting, couldn't resist when we found a demo with our perfect spec. Still can't believe it, happy campers! It goes to auction next week, would love to know what it actually sells for if anyone knows how to get sold prices from BCA but I can't believe they will recover their money.

I was at a BCA Auction today that had 2 Cali's

Anyone sell the following to We Buy Any Car?

2015 California 180 DSG 4Motion

Registration AX15 --K

6,723 Miles
Beige
3 Zone Climate
Parking Sensors
Thunder Alloys

2018 Ocean 150 DSG

Registration CK18 --O

1,682 Miles
Parking Sensors
Composition Media Radio
Adaptive Cruise

Anyone want to guess what the bidding went to? :)

Registration AX15 --K

6,723 Miles
Beige
3 Zone Climate
Parking Sensors
Thunder Alloys

2018 Ocean 150 DSG

Registration CK18 --O

1,682 Miles
Parking Sensors
Composition Media Radio
Adaptive Cruise

2015- 31500

2018- 46500

none sold as reserve not met ?????

Registration AX15 --K

6,723 Miles
Beige
3 Zone Climate
Parking Sensors
Thunder Alloys

2018 Ocean 150 DSG

Registration CK18 --O

1,682 Miles
Parking Sensors
Composition Media Radio
Adaptive Cruise

God knows. T5 £45K, T6 £52K ??

£37 and £47k.

What did AX15 go gor

Registration AX15 --K

6,723 Miles
Beige
3 Zone Climate
Parking Sensors
Thunder Alloys

2018 Ocean 150 DSG

Registration CK18 --O

1,682 Miles
Parking Sensors
Composition Media Radio
Adaptive Cruise

AX

The 2015 was ours interesting to find out what was bid on it. The dealer offered us 38K for it as part ex. We buy any car paid us considerably more really couldn’t see how they were going to get anywhere near break even let alone make a profit.

The 2015 was ours interesting to find out what was bid on it. The dealer offered us 38K for it as part ex. We buy any car paid us considerably more really couldn’t see how they were going to get anywhere near break even let alone make a profit.

Must have paid you well, you left the bike rack on :)

The rear mattress was missing. Did you have any work done on the rear bumper? Could have been the light but looked slightly different colour.

Other than that, lovely van, low miles and good spec.

Any more guesses before I post the results? ;)

The rear bumper never had any work done to it. The bike rack was part of the deal but we pinched our rear mattress as have youngish children and they weren’t interested in that. The mistake we did make was leaving the gas bottle in. Also though the Cali has the most annoying squeak that we could never stop no matter what we tried. Other than that it was in fab condition and many extras the first owners had just ticked the spec sheet other than to my husbands annoyance the alloys!

42k & 54k

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What colours were they?

That tallies with our experience. Ours turned up eventually at Leighton Vans at 6k more than we got for it. To put that into context, what they were asking was 4K less than what we paid new. I don’t know whether it ever sold, I keep expecting the new owner to turn up on here! :D

T5 - 39k & T6 - 49k

2015 £44000 & 2018 £51000.