Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We have come back!

jjpoppy

jjpoppy

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
As previous VW campavaners (A very rusty Bay many years ago) we thought we might come back, so after over 10 years thinking about it - having looked at just about every 3rd party conversion, we settled on a genuine VW Ocean. Spent over twice the price of our first house on it (sorry, her 'Poppy'). Already booked ferry to Outer Hebrides. We have now just got to get used to living in a very small, but nice tin box. Looking forward to waving to other VW's on the road!

As previous VW campavaners (A very rusty Bay many years ago) we thought we might come back, so after over 10 years thinking about it - having looked at just about every 3rd party conversion, we settled on a genuine VW Ocean. Spent over twice the price of our first house on it (sorry, her 'Poppy'). Already booked ferry to Outer Hebrides. We have now just got to get used to living in a very small, but nice tin box. Looking forward to waving to other VW's on the road!
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

A picture would be nice.

:welcome jjp

You won’t miss the rust one bit, or slowing down on inclines, or being overtaken by lorries, or topping up the oil before every trip, or the heaters not working, or the “stir the porridge” gear change, or the Abysmal breaks ;)

Congrats, let see some pics

:welcome:welcome You’ll love the Outer Hebrides we’ve been a few times :)

Brilliant, we did our 1st trip to the Outer Hebrides last September, make great memories and don’t forget to put some piccys up.

Welcome back! Strangely, one of the things I miss about when we first got our van was how for the first trip or two I would bang my head (or other bits) every time I climbed in / out / moved around the van. Then miracously your body learns its surroundings and it NEVER happens again!
Yeah - I’m weird.
Still catches me out now and again but can't feel a thing after a a glass of wine or a beer LOL !

Did you need to book?
Where are you sailing from?
How much did it cost?
When are you going?

I am interested in doing this trip.

Lovely to have you back. Crazy it costs more than your house, but then again, you can't drive your house ;-D

Congrats on a great decision :) we've been to the O H three times including May last year, you'll love it:upsidedown

Did you need to book?
Where are you sailing from?
How much did it cost?
When are you going?

I am interested in doing this trip.

Hi - sorry for delay in responding - not up to speed on the forums site! (yet)

Not sure if you need to book ferry trips, but we have booked the first part of trip, and kept all other parts of itinerary open.

Booked with Caledonian MacBrayne, did start to book online, but reverted to a telephone call and booking as too many questions, they were most helpful.

Cost; £216.05 for a California with bike rack and two passengers for June 2020 (before schools break up

Back