Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New (to me) Cali arrived in UK today

Cool!!!

I've got the VCA certificate but......... ...... ..... filling in the V55/4 form I've relaized VW sent me a CoC which doesn't belong to my Cali :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

So I had to ask for a new CoC :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Can you believe it? After weeks waiting for it and pass all the VCA procedure I'm in the starting point again :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

I cannot understand why VW is so unprofessional, after moth and a half I like I were fresh starting :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

I'm desperated :(

Hi Gav that's great news on your registration. I'm now waiting for the VCA CERTIFICATE TO ARRIVE FOR MINE. WHY COULDNT THEY STATE THAT IN THE BEGINNING.
Still I have sent you an email ref the seat I hope you received it it was sent mid week.

Estresso that's shocking nes about your Coc How could they get it so wrong just hope it's not the one for my van!

It could be, actually the CoC they sent me belong to a blue Multivan LOL

Well fingers crossed they don't charge you for it all again. Including the VCA.

Once I've got my second CoC from VW, and also got my second VCA certificate.... I've sent the V55/4 form to DVLA last weekend, how long could this final step take?

Once I've got my second CoC from VW, and also got my second VCA certificate.... I've sent the V55/4 form to DVLA last weekend, how long could this final step take?
Less than 2 weeks - possibly just 1 week.
Since doing completing mine, I have bought a personalised plate and have the correct V5C back for that too :)

Gavin now you are just showing off.! lol
I've had to send more information in order to get my mutual certificate.
At this rate I don't think I'll get a registration this side of summer.
These departments are absolute rubbish.
I've already seen a private plate I want for my van too.

I've already got the mutual certificate..... that's the VCA one, isn't?

So, based on that, I could get my reg number by the next week.... that could be awsome

FINALLY!!!!!! got my V5!!!!!! after two months chasing VW I've got my registration number!!!!! I cannot believe it!!!!

:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

FINALLY!!!!!! got my V5!!!!!! after two months chasing VW I've got my registration number!!!!! I cannot believe it!!!!!
:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance
Hooray!!
Now I know what dancing bananas are for :) :bananadance

:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Just received a letter from DVLA asking me to send back the V5 cos there are some errors and have to produce a new one for me

:sorry:sad:confused:o_O:(:shocked

A cynic might think they make it difficult for us to deter personal imports....however I would do it all again.

You are just showing off now.
Although I'm assured my mutual recognition certificate is waiting for me at home. Finally on the third attempt.
So as soon as I can call home on Monday I'll get the rest sent away.
Fingers crossed for me.

The missus didn't tell me until yesterday, but looks like last week I've received the correct (I hope) V5, so it's was quick.

Now yes.... now bananas can dance :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

That's awesome news.
Mine went in the post to the DVLA this morning so let's keep everything crossed this time I get a registration number back.
I'm guessing it only took about a week to return??

Actually a day..... looks like one day arrived the wrong V5, next day arrived the letter asking to return it back and next day arrived the good one.

I'm traveling and not at home, and my half didn't tell me it arrived so soon. DVLA didn't waited to received the wrong one to send the good one.

After that I've learned two important thing:
- Providing you already have all the required documentation the whole process (VCA + DVLA could be done in two weeks).

- You don't need an inssurante BEFORE you get the registration number. The chassis-based inssurante is needed if you live in some places, buy ussually it's not needed, so it worth pay a call to DVLA and ask this point.

Actually a day..... looks like one day arrived the wrong V5, next day arrived the letter asking to return it back and next day arrived the good one.

I'm traveling and not at home, and my half didn't tell me it arrived so soon. DVLA didn't waited to received the wrong one to send the good one.

After that I've learned two important thing:
- Providing you already have all the required documentation the whole process (VCA + DVLA could be done in two weeks).

- You don't need an inssurante BEFORE you get the registration number. The chassis-based inssurante is needed if you live in some places, buy ussually it's not needed, so it worth pay a call to DVLA and ask this point.

:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

Finally finally finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

My registration has been accepted and my California can now wear UK plates what a roller coaster ride that was but many things have been learnt.
Now I can go and enjoy myself without worrying about being stoped by the police and having to try to explain the numbers.
Chuffed to bits.
I'll give it a month or two before I get the private plate.

Time for dancing bananas!!!!!!
:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

It doesn't help that I work away for 3-4 weeks at a time that's where the big delays have changed me from. But it's done now and new plates have been ordered. Ready for when I get home next Wednesday.

Hi guys, I am exploring the options of buying a new California from Spain.
Do you know how I can get a temporary green Spanish plate to drive the vehicle back to UK?