Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New (to me) Cali arrived in UK today

Hi Gav
Thanks for the pic that looks great. The overlay and the Lockwood dial kit arrived today. Fingers crossed getting the pod out will be easy once you know how. I will endevourto to take step by step photos as we do it.

Thanks a lot in advance splitmike

No worries, that's why we are all here to learn from each other and help as and when we can.
I would order your import pack now at least you will have one ready to go.

Mike

Hey Gav.
I managed to get the dials changed at the weekend but the engineer that did was lightning fast. I took a few pics but nothing too up close as he was in a bit of a rush. But I did see how he did it.
All the plastic comes off the light switch and dimmer switches come out. The end cap comes off first.
You will need a long drive with the torque drive there are two screw holding it n from below. If you look under the dash and up you will see them.

The pod just pops apart and the needles pop off the clocks pop off and the new overlay clips on. I think it took him 20 mins to do.
I hope this helps.
Mike

Hey Gav.
I managed to get the dials changed at the weekend but the engineer that did was lightning fast. I took a few pics but nothing too up close as he was in a bit of a rush. But I did see how he did it.
All the plastic comes off the light switch and dimmer switches come out. The end cap comes off first.
You will need a long drive with the torque drive there are two screw holding it n from below. If you look under the dash and up you will see them.

The pod just pops apart and the needles pop off the clocks pop off and the new overlay clips on. I think it took him 20 mins to do.
I hope this helps.
Mike
Wow sounds quick and easy (when you know how...) and during or after pictures appreciated .

Evening Gav

Yeah he made it look too bloody Easy if I'm honest but then it helps knowing what you are looking for. These are the only pics I got to take.

image.jpg

image.jpg

WOW!! you have to take "half a van" apart to fix a stiker

Yeah it's a bit like that.. But worth it the new dial look ace.

could you upload a picture of the speedo when you get some spare time? I'm curious about the final result

Yeah not a problem. I fitted the Lockwood dials. If that's any help

Here are a pic of the fitted dials as promised.
I hope this helps.

image.jpg

Here are a pic of the fitted dials as promised.
I hope this helps.

View attachment 8031
Mike, that looks fantastic. I think I will do the same once I have the Klaus registered.
I was pleased to get my NOVA confirmation through, which means that having sent the rest of my doc's for next day delivery on Monday, that I might get details of my new reg number in the next week to 10 days.

Ahh that's great news.
Mine went Wednesday I took a screen shot of my nova number printed it and sent that with it.
I wander how close our plates will be?

Can't beleive I'm bidding on your 5th seat either I've just noticed lol

Ouch that's loads lol.

There are two on the bay at the moment too. But I'm not sure how much I want to spend if I'm honest.

Jesus no! That makes 3

Hi Gav due to my work being on the phone I missed the end of the auction. If they don't pay up please can you let me know. I'm gutted damn it.

Mike.

Hi Mike, give me a call

Last edited:
I was genuinely excited when I got home and found a well stacked envelope from DVLA.

Unfortunately it contained a "Dear John" explaining that even though I had a valid MOT that the CoC (Certificate of Conformity) doesn't show that the vehicle will e compliant for the UK roads (sorry I thought that was what the MOT did...).

Anyway the long and the short of it is that I had to go to the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) website and complete a form to obtain a "Mutual Recognition Certificate".....oh and include a futher £100 fee (on top of the £55 registration fee and RFL payment - which I am fine with). Robbing pen pushing *astards :mute

Oh NO.......!

That's shocking I didn't send a mutual certificate either Poo. I hope I don't get the same as I'm out of the country again from tomorrow now.
I have sent a letter to show that the headlights the fog light and the speedo was changed for UK driving. From the company that fitted them also I sent the receipts to show id bought them all invoices have my name and address on.
So fingers crossed this will be enough to show its done.
But I agree the MOT surely shows that the van is UK road legal I thought was the idea of the MOT.
I'm a little concerned now.