Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New (to me) Cali arrived in UK today

I've sent them to VCA last week, but got no yet reply. Do someone knows how much usually takes VCA to produce the mutual certification?

By the way, evidences of UK requirements fulfillment and CoC should be sent to VCA rather that DVLA because in our case are LHD vehicles.

It's a complete minefield if you ask me.
I don't think either side talks to each other. I'll prepare myself for the dear john. At least when there were local offices you could go and talk to a person.

I've sent them to VCA last week, but got no yet reply. Do someone knows how much usually takes VCA to produce the mutual certification?

By the way, evidences of UK requirements fulfillment and CoC should be sent to VCA rather that DVLA because in our case are LHD vehicles.

I am told there is a bit of a backlog. If you pay by card it should be 5 working days from receipt. By cheque add a further 10 days.....

They sent me the mutual certification but was sent back because I've wrote wrong my house number :headbang:headbang

Today VCA called me and they've sent it again to the correct one.

I'm getting problems with VCA's mutual recognition. They need the invoice state clearly the speedo read MPH, and VW Norwich want to change the whole dash insert (more than 1000£) if I want theg state this in the invoice.

Splimike, did your fitted dial worked? How can I get it fitted in Norwich? Did who fitted it write the proper invoice for you?

I'm traveling a lot and only have tomorrow morning to solve this problem before I leave again for a week.... time is running out :Nailbiting

I cannot undertand why VW don't want to state the digital speedo reads permanently MPH in the invoice :headbang:headbang:headbang

Oh my lord that's horrendous.

My dash is working and is reading mph too. Once the clocks were changed the guy just plugged it into vag com and changed it from kmh to mph. This is all tha was done.

My only suggestion would be try to find an independent VW garage that could plug your van in and do the change then write you an invoice to who it's been done.

My number is if you would like to chat. I am in Germany currently but willing to try to help.

Last edited:
There is still hope... looks like I've made a mistake when tiping the VIN number, so it doens't match with the invoice one. Maybe I can do without the facsia.... let see.

Thanks a lot anycase splitmike, I owe you a beer.

And guess what?

Mine was rejected today too by the dvla. I've now got to send the same details and paperwork to get the other cert needed pay the £100 just for the privilege then they might accept my registration. I'm so annoyed surely they can see it's all been done robbing thieves.

Disgruntled and very annoyed.
( for sale T5 cali nearly UK registerd) lol

DVLA? Why?

I'm still waiting VW (Norwich in this case) to get a "VCA compliant" invoice.... I'm wasting ages because VW paperwork... I'm soooo frustrated.

The invoice can come from any MOT station garage to say that.
Lh side road driving lights have been fitted the fog light changed to UK offside and that the dials have been changed from kmh to mph as long as they are a registerd garage or business.
I've just had that conversation. It doesn't need to be VW. Hope that might speed things up for you.
Give me a call or text on the number above.

Mike.

GOT IT!!!! The invoice I mean. Finally VW Norwich was quite helpful.

I know the invoice can be done "anywhere", but they already replaced the headlight and fog light, so just expecting to get the proper invoice.

By the way.... since my Cali got new headlight, my feeling (and my missus one as well) is that light is very poor now, have you got the same feeling?

No mine Seem the same as far as I can tell.
Not noticed any obvious difference.

Glad to hear you got yours sorted Im away until the 3rd of June so got to bloody wait now. Not happy at all.

That's what happens to me, I'm always traveling and only at home for weekends, so every single thing take to me at least a week. Missus is helping now, so things a little better.

Yeah I've ropes my father in to help this time. Lol.
Just pulling my hair out. Was hoping to get the reg done ready for return home.

Got the VCA certificate!!!! Theg made a mistake and I don't know whether DVLA will reject it: VCA certificate sais my Cali is petrol rather than diesel :headbang:headbang:headbang

Question, in the V55/4 there is a cell where is asking by the body type..... are Calis Beach a van? car?

Oh god please don't say that Im even more worried now.
Mine got sent off for on Wednesday by my father.
I guess all you can do is try.

Yes, I'll do and let's see what happens.

Which body type have you stated in the V55?

Which body type have you stated in the V55?

Body Type is 'Motor Caravan' on my V5

Alan

Hmm!!! I guess I cannot state that for my Cali Beach, can I?

Ahh true. I have a SE.

Sorry

A beach owner will be along in a mo I am sure.

A

I am delighted to report after an awful lot of form filling and cheque writing, I have today received my V5C :bananadance

I haven't lingered and it's still taken around 7 weeks. I guess I could have reduced this slightly if I had realised that the supplied Certificate of Conformity wouldn't be accepted and I could have "invested" £100 in the VCA straight away.