Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weather App

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Was recommended one the other day called Dark Sky and so far I'm very impressed. Best I've come across on an app.
So far very accurate and you can set up alerts such as high winds and many other functions.
I believe it's available on a number of platforms. I've got the £2.99 version on my iPhone but I believe there are free versions to give it a try.

Mike

Any other suggestions for weather apps please?

I like WeatherPro, on iPhone & MBP, free for a 7day forecast. I don't know if it's available for Android / pc...

My biggest concern with the weather is wind speed. Should I leave the roof up for the day if I'm off to work on the railway or if overnight is it OK to sleep upstairs or will the wind increase and I have to lower the roof quickly in the small hours.

I camp near Portmeirion in Snowdonia and the wind strength regularly gusts over 60mph.

I have found the BBC weather App pretty accurate for wind strength. When the wind speed numbers are forecast in black numbers, you can be pretty sure of the speed and direction. The mountains make for a lot of local micro-climates around there but the wind speed is usually close enough.

There's an app called Windy that I use on my Android phone. Very comprehensive.

Are these mainly UK focus? I’m looking to get off a ferry in Belgium next week and head for the sun. Accuweather does a cloud overlay but it’s quite short term. Would like something that gives a good visual map forecast without me having to put town names in. Does anyone know where VW gets its carnet weather data from. I used to use that but the cost to renew is a rip off for what you get.

I use a free one for drone flying called UAV Forecast. Very comprehensive. Wind speed/ direction/gusts, rainfall, visibility, kp index, cloud cover, temperature.

Last edited:
Also recommend Meteo Blu. Provides forecasts, wind charts, satellite pictures, radar and meteo grams, plus a great facility ‘where to go’. Just select day and distance from your current location and it tells you where the best weather is. Simples

Back