Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Does anyone know the (approximate) weights of
- spare wheel
- side awning
- fire extinguisher
- reinforced car jack

I'm tight in kgs in getting my Beach homologated as a 'camper' with 7 seats and if these 4 together are >=64kg, it would work out. I can remove them prior to homogation. Already removed the multiflex board. Are there other things you can think of that can be (temporarily) removed?

If not, I would only be allowed to carry 6 passengers. Not a big deal for camping, but as it may become our only car, it would be a pity.

our council dump has a weighbridge as you drive into it, don't know if your the same in Belgium though

The awning is approx 20kg, best guess on the wheel is 20-25kg. If its the same toolkit as the leave a minimum amount of water in the windscreen washer bottle - saves another 5kg, what about floor mats, the whole spare wheel cage, Leisure battery? how much diesel do you have to have in the tank? leave the seats out of the tailgate, table out the side door, draws out from under the seats, depending how desperate you are getting, take out the radio, do you need the mattress on the top bed? - Ive stripped out a few cars for racing - carpets and the sound deadening underneath weigh a ton. you probably don't want to do it but you could if you had to.

Thank you for these tips. Matrass and table should stay for homologation, but
- leisure battery
- seats from tailgate
- windscreen wiper fluid
- draws under the seats
- spare wheel cage (how much?)
are good ideas, thanks a lot

I think the Cali came without carpets.
Is the leisure battery in a beach located under the drivers seat? (The car is not here so cannot check).

Yes, beach leisure battery under the left hand seat.

Is removing the battery safe? What would a safe procedure be, given that I will have to drive around for a short while without that battery. If there's a charging current running through, that would not be a good idea.
Perhaps I could also remove a fuse for charging that battery?

Disconnect positive then negative terminals. As for need to remove a fuse not sure. In the absence of any voltage the controller may detect a fault condition and stop the charge.

List of Fuses is in the download area - that's all I am sure of off the top of my head!