Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westfalia auxiliary heater

cjtd

cjtd

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I really hope I'm not missing the obvious with this one, so here goes...

I have a T4 Westfalia EuroVan import. The electric auxiliary heater has never worked, so decided to investigate. Popped out the timer and was greeted with the following:

http://imgur.com/a/ygSqb

I've tried to connect them up, but they won't go, right? Can anybody provide any insight or advice? Thanks.

Chris

I really hope I'm not missing the obvious with this one, so here goes...

I have a T4 Westfalia EuroVan import. The electric auxiliary heater has never worked, so decided to investigate. Popped out the timer and was greeted with the following:

http://imgur.com/a/ygSqb

I've tried to connect them up, but they won't go, right? Can anybody provide any insight or advice? Thanks.

Chris
Built in ELECTRIC auxiliary heater? I thought it was Diesel powered.

http://teile.club/volkswagen/teile....yp=132&dir_name=R&hg_ug=070&bildtafel2=420000

According to above Diagram and Parts list the Heater is Diesel powered.

Have you got the correct Control Panel? I doubt if the wiring has been changed.

Could be the wrong control panel, as I have another one installed as you can see in the attached picture.

The far left control works, which I thought was petrol powered. However, I thought the other two were electric.

Again, please excuse my lack of knowledge here.

image.jpeg

I would have expected the control unit to have a VW part number beginning 701 and as above the heater being a diesel unit unless of course your T4 is a petrol one then it would be a petrol heater. As far as I know the heater should be under the floor just behind the B post line and should be an Eberspacher D3L or B3L version, the 'D' being for diesel, 'B' being for benzine (petrol).

Rod

Having looked at your latest picture I would say that the left control is a later addition which has been wired in to replace the other two. It is certainly an Eberspacher controller for either petrol or diesel heaters. I am guessing but would think that the other two are from left to right, heating temperature control and hearing timer maybe even with remote control. Possibly one or both of these have failed and been replaced by the left most item.

Rod

As Rod says, the middle and rightmost would have been the original controllers (thermostat in the middle, timer on the right) and either the contoller or the whole heater has been replaced . Being a US import I guess the van is petrol, rather than diesel, butstill an eberspacher fuel burning heater.

It's time to find out what heater you have. Rod is correct, the original is on the underside of the van,underneath the kitchen unit. Would have been a big black box wtih two 90mm hoses coming out the front, and the smaller air intake/exhaust for the combustion chamber on the side. What's there now?

Back