Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s included, what to buy ASAP?

The best advice I could give is to look on campsites for other canpervans and stroll over and introduce yourself. (Being wise as to when it’s a good time!)
Almost invariably, if you flatter the owners about their van and say you’re new to this life, they’ll share little tips. Only ever met one grumpy Cali owner and got loads of practical advice about what to get and what to steer clear of.
I’m having an ongoing chat with a Cali owner on site...we’re each eyeing up all the windbreaks. I have an old fashioned wooden one and fellow camper has an outwell one. We’ve agreed that the Kampa Pro looks the bees knees.....but with so many poles, it must take too much room up and weigh some.....also I’ve now found cost and reviews...£139 and needs instructions and 2 people...I’ll not bother!
Lots of windbreaks around...I’m sheltering in front of my Queque shelter (garden shed) which has been invaluable!

Levellers...oddly I never needed them when I hired a van, but wouldn’t be without them....am currently on a 45degree angle...not quite but I couldn’t get high enough with my levellers to be level!

Back