Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What after Phase 1

Once Phase 1 of the vaccination programme is complete who should be next in line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think chicken farmers should be next - couldn't see it on the poll though.

Here’s a “deserving” case to set the cat among the pigeons.

Over dinner tonight (we dine early to eat together) Ben asked what happens to prisoners if they get Coronavirus? The answer is of course that they get treated according to their needs.

But here we have a sub group of the population thrown together in a confined space and unable to move about freely - not all that dissimilar to sailors on a ship. We still have a duty of care for the prison population.

Should they be next?

Wow- it would give the Daily Express the tabloid equivalent of apoplexy if they were prioritised, and for that somewhat mischievous reason, I shall cast my as yet uncast vote for prisoners. Unfortunately you shall only see my vote in the poll above as “other” as ten choices is the limit and cannot now be edited.
Yes why not - Old fat drug addicts first of course.

If we really did prioritise based on max effect and need, I expect there would be a lot of cases like these, but it’s not the fairy tale story the media are looking for.

Seeing as you are `New ;) to this forum, if i could give you a tip.

Amarillo will argue until he's blue in the face that black is white.
disclaimer - I'm woke.

I understand.

I am a rather old and tired historian who spent far too many of her years refereeing debates on the USCW/war between the states for deliberate controversy to lure me into its manifold entrapments.

In other words I don't give a sh*t really.

Seeing as you are `New ;) to this forum, if i could give you a tip.

Amarillo will argue until he's blue in the face that black is white.
disclaimer - I'm woke.

Be fair to me: I did warn New Jen that I was going to “set the cat among the pigeons” and that my intent was to be “mischievous”.

Be fair to me: I did warn New Jen that I was going to “set the cat among the pigeons” and that my intent was to be “mischievous”.
With due respect, i thought i was being fair.

I'd love to see that if only to see your reaction to the reaction of Express readers! :veryfunny

In similar vein, I wonder if you saw the announcement a week or so ago that the Government of Israel would vaccinate all its prisoners, however Palestinian prisoners would be the last in the queue for that.

(At the same time they have also declined to provide vaccines to the populations of the Occupied Palestinian Territories, even though that is clearly obligated by the Fourth Geneva Convention and having nevertheless provided vaccines to Jewish settlers within the OPT, who are living there illegally under international law.)

A German pharmaceutical company using the State of Israel for a new drug for research purposes sits somewhat uncomfortably with me. Has no one else spotted this!?

I'd love to see that if only to see your reaction to the reaction of Express readers! :veryfunny
I’m still reeling from watching tabloid readers’ reactions at a Black family of ten being rehoused in a bigger home in Luton.

I’d better say no more incase I’m accused of hijacking my own thread - or worse still, being accused of being a psychopath/sociopath!

Those days are gone mate ;)

Just beginning:

Just beginning:

Oh for goodness sake!

I came before Greta Thurnberg o_O

The child has no experience of being a messiah whereas I've been there at least 15 times ...

Bitch :shocked

One group of people that never get mentioned is the adults, living alone, healthy with no medical issues.
I’ve been alone in my home walking my dogs daily (with the occasional socially distanced friend) for a year, since I heard about the virus spreading further than Wuhan.
I have witnessed people all around, during all the lockdowns, breaking the rules or contacting lawyers to get justification for doing what most of us would not do.
They are all comfortably at home day to day with family (whilst still making these ‘allowed’ social visits).
Please don’t just look out for old and vulnerable. Check in regularly on others.
I’m off track now, but shopping this afternoon I spotted a donation van outside the shop - do did a double shop and the other half was given to the charity.

One group of people that never get mentioned is the adults, living alone, healthy with no medical issues.
I think that my sister-in-law’s twin sister falls into that category. Her husband died 5 years ago and she has lived alone ever since.

She has formed a support bubble with my brother’s family. This means she is free to visit them as often as she likes and for as long as she likes.

I don’t know if this is the same across the four nations of the UK.

I think that my sister-in-law’s twin sister falls into that category. Her husband died 5 years ago and she has lived alone ever since.

She has formed a support bubble with my brother’s family. This means she is free to visit them as often as she likes and for as long as she likes.

I don’t know if this is the same across the four nations of the UK.
Yes, allowed to form bubbles. But the friends I would want to form bubbles with, have family to form bubbles with. Hence the loop hole that excludes some folk.

I’ve been alone in my home walking my dogs daily (with the occasional socially distanced friend) for a year, since I heard about the virus spreading further than Wuhan.
I have witnessed people all around, during all the lockdowns, breaking the rules or contacting lawyers to get justification for doing what most of us would not do.
They are all comfortably at home day to day with family (whilst still making these ‘allowed’ social visits).
Please don’t just look out for old and vulnerable. Check in regularly on others.
I’m off track now, but shopping this afternoon I spotted a donation van outside the shop - do did a double shop and the other half was given to the charity.

Indeed. The healthy single person living alone is something I became aware of a few weeks ago. Cutting long stories short we now have a single person joined us, 52, healthy, family too far away. A very easily missed sector of society.

Vaccine age order to continue.

Over-40s next in line to get a Covid vaccine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56208674

I still think that an exception should have been made for prisoners where social distancing is not possible and convicts are confined to their cells for up to 23 hours per day. It is not conducive to rehabilitation which is the primary purpose of prison.

The prison population of <100,000 would hardly make a dent in the weekly vaccination rate of about 2,000,000.

Pretty sure that I've heard it mentioned on the Media that prison staff and the inmates were in the same category as Care Homes and already done.

Vaccine age order to continue.

Over-40s next in line to get a Covid vaccine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56208674

I still think that an exception should have been made for prisoners where social distancing is not possible and convicts are confined to their cells for up to 23 hours per day. It is not conducive to rehabilitation which is the primary purpose of prison.

The prison population of <100,000 would hardly make a dent in the weekly vaccination rate of about 2,000,000.
Also, if you ask anyone in the Swale area (where looking at the stats, the “Kent variant” appears to have originated from), they will tell you it started in the prison on the Isle of Sheppey.
Although I haven’t seen any evidence to prove this.

Pretty sure that I've heard it mentioned on the Media that prison staff and the inmates were in the same category as Care Homes and already done.

I haven’t been able to find any news report to confirm that. I have found this month old statement:

a3a9a80c1102045d9cecd7ca80db4659.jpg

It may be that they have simply rolled prisoners into Group 6 - high risk under 65s, and the statement is the usual Government weasel words.

Could a british citizen travel through 1 eu country to catch
the channel tunnel and then get the Jab in Folkstone and return?

Asking for a friend.

Could a british citizen travel through 1 eu country to catch
the channel tunnel and then get the Jab in Folkstone and return?

Asking for a friend.

Probably. You might need to register with a GP.

But I hear Germany have a stockpile of 1,500,000 unwanted Astra Zeneca jabs. Couldn’t your friend just get one of those?

Back