Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

From Camping & Caravaning Club today 22 Mar 2020

Doorbundle

Doorbundle

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Dear Doorbundle

All our UK Club Sites will be closing with immediate effect, until further notice.

Throughout these unprecedented times, the Club has endeavoured to follow the advice of the government. Initially, our priority was to support our members overseas - as the situation evolved and came closer to home, we introduced fully flexible bookings on UK sites and remained open to those members who made the decision to stay.

We changed our operations to facilitate social distancing, closed facility blocks and communal areas, introduced mobile check-ins and increased distances between pitches and we asked members to visit sites closest to home.

Keeping you and your family safe and well is, and always will be, our first priority.

Given the continued escalation of the virus, the thoughts of our members and the messages from local tourist boards it is clear the time has now come to close all our sites with immediate effect.

Clearly, this decision will have a great impact on the hundreds of staff who have shown such remarkable dedication to the Club in extremely testing times. We will be supporting them in every way we can through the weeks and months ahead, until they can get back to doing what they do best - giving you the best possible experience at our sites up and down the country.

What happens now?

We've been dedicated to our members' needs for over 100 years and want to be here for generations to come. As a Club, we need you more than ever, to support us and each other.

Our website will be updated regularly with further information and we'll be in regular contact throughout our closure period. We'll bring you news, content and suggestions for how we can all share our passion for camping and lift our collective spirits.

Most of all, we are greatly looking forward to the day that we can invite you safely back to our sites and enjoy time with family and friends in the beauty of our countryside.

Until then, the NHS website is the best source of information about coronavirus and what you can do to prevent its spread. Please stay updated.

We have included booking advice at the end of this message, please continue reading if you have any upcoming bookings.

Thank you, stay safe and my best wishes to you all.

Sabina J Voysey

Sabina J Voysey, Director General

what about my annual subscription not much use now, just paid this years.
Hopefully this won't be going on for a year and you'll get chance to use it later. In the meantime you can get that warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you're supporting an organisation that, in the long term, you'll still get benifits from, while they continue maintain the facilities and team who run the club.

If it makes you feel any better we have annual years passes for a ski/mountain resort that's wasn't cheap and is closed until further notice. For a big museum in our local city that the kids love, also closed. Membership training for karate at our local dojo, closed. For expensive guitar lessons for the boy, cancelled. Also our taxes pay for the school system, which is also shut.

Let's try to keep a sense of proportion and try to think 'we' not 'me' in these difficult times. Think about protecting the most vulnerable members of society, self isolating, washing our hands regularly and wishing The Club the best of luck in getting through these challenging times without their business and staff being too severely impacted.

Hopefully this won't be going on for a year and you'll get chance to use it later. In the meantime you can get that warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you're supporting an organisation that, in the long term, you'll still get benifits from, while they continue maintain the facilities and team who run the club.

If it makes you feel any better we have annual years passes for a ski/mountain resort that's wasn't cheap and is closed until further notice. For a big museum in our local city that the kids love, also closed. Membership training for karate at our local dojo, closed. For expensive guitar lessons for the boy, cancelled. Also our taxes pay for the school system, which is also shut.

Let's try to keep a sense of proportion and try to think 'we' not 'me' in these difficult times. Think about protecting the most vulnerable members of society, self isolating, washing our hands regularly and wishing The Club the best of luck in getting through these challenging times without their business and staff being too severely impacted.

In a word, Brilliant

And whilst where at it what about annual TV licence they cancelled East Enders let alone yearly travel insurance,gym membership ,California road tax and insurance ,National trust membership,English heritage ,social club fees but point taken there are more important issues at hand.

And whilst where at it what about annual TV licence they cancelled East Enders let alone yearly travel insurance,gym membership ,California road tax and insurance ,National trust membership,English heritage ,social club fees but point taken there are more important issues at hand.

My local gym has suspended fees whilst it closes, due to Corona.
Just a thought......

Personally I would worry about getting through the next three months unscathed than worry about a few months percentage of £49 not being able to be utilised.
Exactly, Granny Jen
Also give a thought to doctors, nurses NHS staff and essential workers who are putting their lives at risk for us.
We should stop complaining about a few pounds lost subscription because we can’t go out or use facilities when in lockdown. In many instances those businesses still have overheads to pay and may well go under.
Look at the bigger picture. This is a national emergency. Some of us may not even be here in three or six months time to complain !
Stay at home and stay safe.:cheers

I would pay more for my TV license if they scrapped eastenders completely. It would vastly improve the BBC.

Mine too. Are all campsites closing or just the Club ones?
It’s all because people are being selfish. Try thinking of those of us who live in our vans who now have no access to water and chemical toilet emptying and are isolated at the roadside in a small van

My local gym has suspended fees whilst it closes, due to Corona.
Just a thought......
As an owner of a caravan park, we may be closed and there is nobody here but I’m still working. The grass has to be cut and spring is here everything is starting to grow. You can close the doors on a gym and walk away campsites need constant maintenance whether there are customers or not.

As an owner of a caravan park, we may be closed and there is nobody here but I’m still working. The grass has to be cut and spring is here everything is starting to grow. You can close the doors on a gym and walk away campsites need constant maintenance whether there are customers or not.

My gym has two Championship golf courses plus one par 3 course.
They probably have quite a bit of grass to cut... ;)

In fact, I’ve had an email this week from them.
If I pay full fees whilst they are closed.
So if I pay April and they open again in May. They will give me May and June completely free.
I’m guessing they have had a raft of people phone up to cancel membership.

Which caravan park, maybe when this is all over, we can have a meet up there and help getting the local economy going again

Back