Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New travel restrictions

I returned from doing the NC500 and a few side trips, just before Lock-down. Great trip.

All these restrictions are pointless and nonsensical anyway. Covid is no. 24 in the list of things that kill Brits these days and many medical experts say the whole thing is more or less over, with empty hospitals, empty testing stations etc.
I'm currently working to facilitate hospital discharges across the county (Paramedic by trade) I would not call any of this pointless or nonsensical...

I returned from doing the NC500 and a few side trips, just before Lock-down. Great trip.

All these restrictions are pointless and nonsensical anyway. Covid is no. 24 in the list of things that kill Brits these days and many medical experts say the whole thing is more or less over, with empty hospitals, empty testing stations etc.
This is the worst kind of deja vu. In March and April there were posters here who said the virus would never cause a crisis in the UK, and even if it did arrive there would never be a lockdown because people knew how to behave without being told what to do. Then came the massive moves to second homes and nature areas/beaches.

I thought my comment might cause a surge of responses. Too many for me to respond to. I know what I have read and watched. next time I will keep it to myself.

2.jpg

I thought my comment might cause a surge of responses. Too many for me to respond to. I know what I have read and watched. next time I will keep it to myself.

View attachment 68996
Unless I’m mistaken today’s date is the 8th of November. Your graph is a month out of date. A little like your comments.

I struggle to understand why death is always a parameter exclusively used. It is a statistic, and an awful one at that, but it does not reflect how many people are in ICU sedated and having a machine to breath for them, or cases resulting in long term (more than three months) disability. or how close the heath care provision is to collapse.

My best parameter is my friend who is a consultant serving one of the two major hospitals in my area. When we last had dinner together (about 4 weeks ago) the Covid ward was empty, it is now 75% full and I live in an area that two weeks ago rated 302 out of 310 for R where 1 is the highest.

View attachment 68996
I think that this is the wrong chart. It shows the number of infections and the number of deaths with some sort of control in place.

If you are wanting to remove those controls, surely a better chart would be one showing projected infections and projected deaths without controls in place?

Focus on the lives saved by having lifestyle controls in place, not the lives lost living under restrictions.

As I see it, the most draconian of restrictions (lockdown) are there purely to prevent doctors having to make truly awful choices over who will receive adequate treatment and who will receive inadequate treatment.

I think that this is the wrong chart. It shows the number of infections and the number of deaths with some sort of control in place.

If you are wanting to remove those controls, surely a better chart would be one showing projected infections and projected deaths without controls in place?

Focus on the lives saved by having lifestyle controls in place, not the lives lost living under restrictions.

As I see it, the most draconian of restrictions (lockdown) are there purely to prevent doctors having to make truly awful choices over who will receive adequate treatment and who will receive inadequate treatment.

For the first time this year I actually agree with Amarillo!

View attachment 68996
your not the only one to think like this mate.what the government is doing to the public makes no rational sense, that tier system was the most ridiculous thing i've ever witnessed after eastenders. every year we have scare stories in the news, remember 2018 ? NHS in crisis, beds in corridors etc , happens regularly. the virus is there and we have to live with it, as for graphs , wheres all the flu and pneumonia cases this year ? we must have cured those so there's some good news for us. i too know people with the virus, no one is slating wether it exists and how nasty it is, i also know someone who broke his neck snow boarding but i still do it.
nothing wrong with questioning crazy policies as alot of it makes no sense to rational thinking people and after a year like 2020 being so crazy i also can't help wondering what the REAL picture is.' the truth is out there' (mulder).
anyway, 3 cocks next is it ?

your not the only one to think like this mate.what the government is doing to the public makes no rational sense, that tier system was the most ridiculous thing i've ever witnessed after eastenders. every year we have scare stories in the news, remember 2018 ? NHS in crisis, beds in corridors etc , happens regularly. the virus is there and we have to live with it, as for graphs , wheres all the flu and pneumonia cases this year ? we must have cured those so there's some good news for us. i too know people with the virus, no one is slating wether it exists and how nasty it is, i also know someone who broke his neck snow boarding but i still do it.
nothing wrong with questioning crazy policies as alot of it makes no sense to rational thinking people and after a year like 2020 being so crazy i also can't help wondering what the REAL picture is.' the truth is out there' (mulder).
anyway, 3 cocks next is it ?
3 cocks

I thought all pubs had to shut lol

Nice. Looks like a good time of year to go. Can i spot suilven in the distance there?
Not sure. Quite possibly.

Most of the pics were captioned but the caption don't transfer to the forum.

The Baech at the end is the one where they Filmed Local hero.

View attachment 68996
Is there a more up to date version of this chart or better still UK deaths this year compared to the average of the last x years (they were plentiful in the early days but none around now ) ?

Last edited:
In Wales we can travel and stay at campsites anywhere within Wales from tomorrow but cannot cross the border into England. Nothing like a joined up and consistent approach is there, the virus obviously respects borders.

In Wales we can travel and stay at campsites anywhere within Wales from tomorrow but cannot cross the border into England. Nothing like a joined up and consistent approach is there, the virus obviously respects borders.
I do think greater consistency would be good.
However, if you think it through, if all people stopped crossing the border between wales and england, then the virus would not cross either.

However, if you think it through, if all people stopped crossing the border between wales and england, then the virus would not cross either.

So long as people either side of the border keep 2+ metres away from each other. Perhaps we should consider a Perspex screen atop Offa’s Dyke.

So long as people either side of the border keep 2+ metres away from each other. Perhaps we should consider a Perspex screen atop Offa’s Dyke.
Don't forget Hadrians Wall.

Unless it was being carried by a mink :)

I found a dead mink by the roadside in Bewdley a couple of months ago. They are bigger than I imagined and the coat is impressive. Locals told me they are increasingly seen coming into town looking for food waste. Apparently, if disturbed they quickly scurry off in the direction of Wales.

Correct, and that is worrying.
It is WG.
Covid-19 seems adept at jumping from species to species. Apparently if we ever develop a vaccine, the variant the minks have would be resilient to it! Reckon this is going to be with us for a very long time.

Back