Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What am I missing

Hmm.. I wonder how your insurer would view your claim if your keys are in the van and is stolen.
I don’t think they’d be too impressed! That’s why I’d only do it if I had Ghost. Key is useless then.

Forgive the ask but What discount have you managed to negotiate?

Hmm.. I wonder how your insurer would view your claim if your keys are in the van and is stolen.
No more difficult hiding a key in a California than hiding a Tracker, and you wouldn't want that found easily.

Hi there; I’m also placing an order tomorrow!

Through my own research (mainly on this site- thanks guys) I would like to comment on a couple of items you have specified that I have NOT and why - this might save you some money...

Heated front windscreen - apparently a good blast with the aux heater clears the same in a reasonable amount of time

Discover ‘Pro’ - the standard Ocean Discover version MY21 now puts the map in the digital cockpit, has the gesture function and basic sign recognition is also included as is the app connectivity. Yes the screen is 1.5 inches bigger on the Pro - but then you also loose an analogue dial which you might like

Direct Tyre Pressure Monitors - the ocean includes standard tyre pressure monitors that detect deflation - this option measure to 0.1 PSI - I don’t know whether that level of detail is important to you

I would appreciate any comments to the contrary if anyone sees it differently - it could alter my spec choices!

Thanks, SB
I agree with the other comments on the heated screen, as I have been underwhelmed with its effectiveness compared to other cars I've had with it. Also I have the full Nav system, but find myself using Android Auto all the time with Google Maps navigation, as I find it more intuitive. If you think you might ever want to carry bicycles, the VW bike rack is an excellent accessory and its fold down platform is really useful for strapping on other kit like an awning, if you are short of space inside the van. Enjoy!

I love my heated windscreen - but I am in Aberdeen - makes snow and ice clearing a doddle (ps daily driver)

We love our heated windscreen and we are in the Midlands!

A vote for the heated windscreen from the south! If you use the Cali as a daily driver it makes a massive difference in winter to jump in and go. Clears the screen within a minute, no more than 2mins in the depths of winter. Way faster than the parking heater IMHO and without all the noise too (I leave early).

Back