Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are you drinking ?

EddieEagle

EddieEagle

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Oh dear, Stoptober has arrived and tonight Matthew, I am mostly drinking Ribena........
IMG_1770.jpg :cheers

Last edited:
G.J. In this area that's the hard stuff.......

Hold yer horses, Stoptober is a stop smoking campaign!

October to me always seems to me the perfect month for nice bottles of hairy-chested Gigondas or whatever to enjoy in front of the wood stove and the fruits of last season's slavery over a hot wood-splitter, with this season's apple and blackberry pie. And double cream.

Dry January is for doing booze penance, not Oct. God, where do people get these ideas from. :headbang

:rolleyes:

As an x smoker what other pleasures could I deprive myself of as a gesture of solidarity with other yet to be x smokers.
Maybe call it Sobertober?
Hang on.....it is called Sober for October already?........now I remember why I am going Dry for July.
Always behind the curve .............
:cheers

Last edited:
Personal i don't see myself for any reason or any hype changing my way of life/eating/drinking as it is right now .
Use common sense instead running allong with the flock....

I thought Cali owners were all looking for personal journeys and challenges. All different yet in the same breed of vehicle.
Does alcohol free beer comply with the principle of sobriety? More tea, Vicar.

I
Does alcohol free beer comply with the principle of sobriety?
Alcohol free beer = yuk.

I may be very unimaginative and going with the flock, but if that's what it takes to help me make better health decisions, that's what it's going to have to be.

I just need to get back into having nights off the booze. This summer has been effing awful. I've moved house twice, my dad has dementia, my mum now has dementia and had a TIA, and both my poor demented parents had to go in a care home, now into separate homes as the home can't cope with them both.

Much alcohol has been consumed. Many tears have been shed.

Time to try and pull myself together. It starts here!

OK, there's a big chance that when I get back from tomorrow's visits the wine will be calling me, but I'm giving it my best shot. Wish me luck everyone!

Alcohol free beer = yuk.

I may be very unimaginative and going with the flock, but if that's what it takes to help me make better health decisions, that's what it's going to have to be.

I just need to get back into having nights off the booze. This summer has been effing awful. I've moved house twice, my dad has dementia, my mum now has dementia and had a TIA, and both my poor demented parents had to go in a care home, now into separate homes as the home can't cope with them both.

Much alcohol has been consumed. Many tears have been shed.

Time to try and pull myself together. It starts here!

OK, there's a big chance that when I get back from tomorrow's visits the wine will be calling me, but I'm giving it my best shot. Wish me luck everyone!

Good luck I have similar challenges. It isn’t easy is it?
Escaping in the Cali becomes even more important to save your sanity.

Good luck I have similar challenges. It isn’t easy is it?
Escaping in the Cali becomes even more important to save your sanity.
Sanity has long disappeared. As I'm on my own having just moved, my sis and I are dealing with our parents but don't actually get on that well, my husband has closed off from me as he's bored of hearing me drone on day after day and cry and moan about the parental stuff and my best friend's (a long way away but still phonefriend) dad has just died so I can't burden her with my troubles. No time to go away in the Cali with all this going on. I have to confess I spend more time on the Alzheimers Soc forum than this one these days. Life is not good. But I keep reminding myself alcohol is not the answer. Good luck Gillian. Two days down, 29 to go! I hope I lose some weight so there's a benefit to all of this being strong!!!

Sanity has long disappeared.
Oh dear - am I the only one doing sober October on this forum? I was hoping others might be doing it too so I would be able to compare notes and not fall off the wagon! Oh well, I've made it through 3 nights with no booze. Not actually missing it now, and my run this morning was good. Not visiting The Mad Ones till Saturday (my sis realised I was losing the plot and told me to take a few days off - she's a star), so the need for alcohol has slightly reduced!

Oh dear - am I the only one doing sober October on this forum? I was hoping others might be doing it too so I would be able to compare notes and not fall off the wagon! Oh well, I've made it through 3 nights with no booze. Not actually missing it now, and my run this morning was good. Not visiting The Mad Ones till Saturday (my sis realised I was losing the plot and told me to take a few days off - she's a star), so the need for alcohol has slightly reduced!

Well actually there was an item on Trust Me I'm a Doctor (BBC) last night about how even a month off booze can make a significant difference to health indicators. Maybe find that on iPlayer and it will cheer you up a bit.

Well actually there was an item on Trust Me I'm a Doctor (BBC) last night about how even a month off booze can make a significant difference to health indicators. Maybe find that on iPlayer and it will cheer you up a bit.
Thanks Velma's Dad. I love that programme - didn't realise it was on the telly again! I will start downloading it now and it might be available by bedtime (love rural Wales!). I am feeling a bit more positive today about the lack of alcohol in my life. It just becomes a habit, like my early morning cuppa (I think that may be an addiction actually) and it can be broken with willpower. I am happy to find that I'm not addicted to alcohol (after suffering my dad's alcoholism for years) as I don't miss the demon drink, just the routine of 'beer o'clock' which my husband and I have lapsed into. Day 4. Onwards and upwards!

the sheep are all drinking grass watta or something . I'm drinking beer. support your local ....stop supping watta and get the sen a pint you puffs.

Back