Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What did I just break, and where do I get a new one?

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Backed into a curb, this thing in the back broke.

What is it for, and any ideas how to fix it?

2018-03-05 08.48.24.jpg

Yes that’s what it is, you need to make sure the wires or pins aren’t shorted out. There may be a connecter further back where you can disconnect it from the harness; if you don’t tow then don’t bother replacing it.

That must´ve been quite a whack. Did you knock the towbar off also ?
It looks beyond repair to me.

Haha thanks guys, but no tow bar there before ;)

I guess I'll just disconnect and remove it!

Have you checked the spare wheel bracket as it's in a very similar position?

Haha thanks guys, but no tow bar there before ;)

I guess I'll just disconnect and remove it!
If there was no towbar fitted then why the Socket. What was it used for? and what is it connected to?
I would get pins isolated ASAP as it could cause problems etc: short circuits spring to mind.

If there was no towbar fitted then why the Socket. What was it used for? and what is it connected to?
I would get pins isolated ASAP as it could cause problems etc: short circuits spring to mind.
Removable towbar ??

The socket might be usable if you need to extend the rear lights and license plate.

Isn't that what you get if you order the "Towbar preperation" option? As I haven't yet received mine, I don't know for sure...
No. You just get the wiring Loom from the front which ends in a Plug around about the Position of the Water / Mains inlet in the void behind the wardrobe and I think a different strengthening bar behind the rear bumper.

Maybe someone fitted that to run a trailer board on a bike rack? I've seen that before.
You do need to be careful about the wires shorting out though if the pins are touching.

Back