Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you sleep on?

paulevans

paulevans

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We've had 'Dave' now for just over a year and have been sleeping in it in sleeping bags - two kids in the roof and me and Mrs Me downstairs. It seems that quite a few on here use duvets instead of bags, but what do you sleep on - a bed sheet, fitted sheet/blanket, nothing?

Please let me know.

We have a single duvet cover over the mattress. We prefer a duvet to a bag because it's easier to get in and out, and you don't need the insulation on the underside.

We use a matrass cover ( same as used at home) and sleep in sleepingbags in the top...
Have a extra fleece blancket just in case...

I use a duvet on top and a soft blanket for base.

I find the blanket sticks like velcro almost so doesn't move around.

Fleece blanket for base downstairs with a camping duvet.

Upstairs, just a sheet on the mattress and a full quilt on top.

If you go back to the main Forum menu you will find a section called Polls and the 3rd poll back was on the subject of what people sleep on in terms of mattress toppers, this may also be of some help to you. We slept on two Thermarests last year (in a double sleeping bag) but they do tend to move apart so have bought a custom topper from Comfortz Leisure Ltd for this year (they are a VWCC sponsor with 10% discount for VIP members).

Last edited:
We sleep on top of a memory foam mattress and an open double sleeping bag. On top of us is a double quilt with an extra blanket on my side! The memory foam was a VW event purchase for £30 and is substantially wider than the bed. Initially, we intended to trim it to fit the foam to fit but after first use, we found that the extra width enabled the sides to curl up slightly on each side and keep out all draughts. Very welcome. All the bedding folds up as one behind the back seat and the bed is made very quickly by pulling out the RnR bed then unrolling the bedding, already made up! Simple!

Duvalays on top of a Comfortz Leisure memory foam mattress. Getting up is really hard:)

All seasons Double Duvet each in it's own duvet cover. If it's cold then we sleep on the 4.5 tog with the 9 tog on top. In warmer weather we reverse that and if it is really hot then just sheets. All packed in vacuum storage bags.

Sleep on?

My boyfriend?

JENNIFER! :shocked

Upstairs or downstairs?

We use a comfort mattress, double mattress cover, fitted sheet, 4.5 Tog duvet, polar fleece blanket. Oooh the luxury! Warm as toast with the heating on, well it was 2 deg last night.

Uptop I use a 3 season quality bag on top of VW supplied mattress separated by thin fleece blanket to stop bag sliding
Same again down stairs directly on top of vw comfort mattress
Also keep a set of thermal under garments on the van should the weather get really cold :happy

Back