Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you think?

R

Rich Corrado

As it says, what do you lot think of these?

bern_blk_accent_01.jpg

Nice, what is the load rating?

I like these ,I think these could be the ones easier to look after than the others that you posted.a little bit pimp my ride / lambo but that's ok should be a good look along with the rest of your spec .

Just found out that the load rating on these is no good.

Im starting to think I might not bother with 20" alloys and just go for black sportline alloys.

Curtisnash with the black Cali and 21" alloys seemed to have tried and tested several options maybe he has the key to your conundrum ? Personally I'm gonna go for the black vw sportlines for summer and then change to steel wheels /winter tyres for winter. My experience of non manufacturer alloys has not been great in terms of corrosion ,cracking and dealer honouring warranties etc but they do look good .

I have now spent ages looking into different options and have been told different things by so many different people.
I agree that Curtisnash would probably be a good person to speak to but I don't think he comes on here very often and doesn't seem to reply to messages.
I really like the look of 20" alloys but I don't want any wheel rub and I don't want to compromise the ride too much. I appreciate that bigger wheels will make the ride harder but its finding a compromise that's suitable.
I am also have the car lowered 30mm because it looks much better and seems to improve the ride and handling.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-BLACK-VM-A ... 5d3fc3acec
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-BLACK-RAPI ... 3f264f6d8b

I have now started looking at 18" and 19" but I really want 20" and don't understand how Curtis has managed to get 21" with no rubbing? All that I can think is that he has the lowest profile tyres possible and surely that must be a back breaker of a ride?

The ride will be like one of these [album]1251[/album] :crazy

lol that's what I was thinking.

I really want to drive one with 19" or 20" alloys before spending a fortune on wheels.

18" sportlines or some other 18" alloy is starting to look like a sensible option.

I hate being boring and practice but I think its starting to make sense :cry:

imho I don't think it is boring but maybe it is practical ? I really like the black sportline alloys and the Dakar alloys they suit the California and don't make it look like its trying to be something it is not. What do you think of the Tolucca factory alloys ? :smile

I have lowered VW Suspension 30mm running 21inch wheels with PIRELLI 275/35/21 P ZEROS which are correctly load rated. They do not rub in any way and have done over 4,000 miles the ride is very comfy and not hard or harsh in any way even with the dropped suspension. I tried 20inch with some cheap tyres and a spigot they were not good. The ones I have now do not require a spigot and drive like a dream and as I say am not harsh but they are expensive 250quid a pop plus the wheels you get what you pay for with tyres.

The only problem I do have is that I actually use the van off road sometimes and its surprising how a 30mm drop makes a difference however I am waiting for air-ride to finish testing a new air suspension for the t5.1 which will then allow me to lift the suspension above normal and lower it and also level it when camping at the touch of a button I hope to have this sorted next month. The bigger tyres are actually great they give much more grip especially in snow.

I have also had the van tuned by TH Performance which has possibly blown my warranty but is worth it 180 to 220bhp makes a hell of a difference when you are using it as daily transport and its a blast.

As far as "and don't make it look like its trying to be something it is not” it is what you want it to be it is actually a T5 Van pimp it up and enjoy yourself life is to short to be boring and I suggest you spend some time on this forum. http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=147 it may give you some more ideas.

I will be at the Call meet or give me shout if you fancy a ride I live near Southampton.

curtisnash said:
I have also had the van tuned by TH Performance which has possibly blown my warranty but is worth it 180 to 220bhp makes a hell of a difference when you are using it as daily transport and its a blast.

Why thank you kind sir. :thanks

And most importantly, get rid of the awful turbo lag they all suffer with. :D

curtisnash said:
I have lowered VW Suspension 30mm running 21inch wheels with PIRELLI 275/35/21 P ZEROS which are correctly load rated. They do not rub in any way and have done over 4,000 miles the ride is very comfy and not hard or harsh in any way even with the dropped suspension. I tried 20inch with some cheap tyres and a spigot they were not good. The ones I have now do not require a spigot and drive like a dream and as I say am not harsh but they are expensive 250quid a pop plus the wheels you get what you pay for with tyres.

The only problem I do have is that I actually use the van off road sometimes and its surprising how a 30mm drop makes a difference however I am waiting for air-ride to finish testing a new air suspension for the t5.1 which will then allow me to lift the suspension above normal and lower it and also level it when camping at the touch of a button I hope to have this sorted next month. The bigger tyres are actually great they give much more grip especially in snow.

As far as "and don't make it look like its trying to be something it is not” it is what you want it to be it is actually a T5 Van pimp it up and enjoy yourself life is to short to be boring and I suggest you spend some time on this forum. http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=147 it may give you some more ideas.

I will be at the Call meet or give me shout if you fancy a ride I live near Southampton.

Thank you for this, it is very helpful!

I would be very keen to see your van in the flesh, and I'm very local to you as I live in Hindhead.

I'm in a right dilemma about these wheels so your help is greatly appreciated

1D54EBE0-0DDA-4887-B67C-0D39463C751C_zpswu5qewit.jpg

This is what I have going on my new kombi, with 275 35 20 Pirelli. Fully weight rated for a T32. And H&R -40 springs

Attachments

• 1D54EBE0-0DDA-4887-B67C-0D39463C751C_zpswu5qewit.jpg
    1D54EBE0-0DDA-4887-B67C-0D39463C751C_zpswu5qewit.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 4
I would also check out Bilstein B14 coilovers they will give you a really smooth and tight ride and are adjustable. you can then set the Cali up correctly so that the arse does not hang down as normal. If you are in the area these guys offer a good price and also fit them for free but they are normally booked up far in advance. http://bit.ly/1fibUj3
Or if you want to go the full monty air is the way to go and sound like fun. I am trying out some systems I will let you know how it goes.

Bear in mind though not fitting the official 30mm VW drop ones you can say goodbye to your warranty.

Back