Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forum Launch - We need your feedback please ...

it's in the settings - although they look cool, they are based on your IP address so when you go away from the UK everyone knows! not user configurable

Hi @calikev

I would like the option to ignore subforums please. (i.e. when I check on new posts I don't get certain subforums)

I could do that in the previous forum but haven't found the setting here.

Is that still possible? I can 't find the setting

Sorry, this function is not available on the new forum software, we are currently looking for an alternative option

Hi @calikev

I would like the option to ignore subforums please. (i.e. when I check on new posts I don't get certain subforums)

I could do that in the previous forum but haven't found the setting here.

Is that still possible? I can 't find the setting

This option is now available again

Last edited:
Apologies if you are working fix this problem!
When I access the Forum (on a PC running Windows 10) I get the following screen and I click on "Recent Posts" - see first image.
View attachment 44072
After clicking "Recent Posts" I get this next screen showing I am in "New Posts" in the second menu bar. See next image.
View attachment 44073
I then click on "Recent posts" in the second menu bar (because it shows I am in "New Posts") and get this next screen still showing I am in "New Posts". Something definitely not right here.
Hi @Martin, did you see my post above? Is there a problem or am I just being daft?

Hi @Martin, did you see my post above? Is there a problem or am I just being daft?

The yellow underline is the only part that maybe confusing you, if you scroll down and see the results, they actually show the correct results for new posts, or recent posts ( although they will be very similar ).

It's just that the yellow under line doesnt move because both are essentially "new posts". We could remove the yellow line if its really that confusing but it wouldnt achive much as the results below it will still be correct.

A good way to test it, is to look at new posts, read a thread. Then look at new posts again and that thread willl be gone from the list. Then look at recent posts, you will see that thead is still in the recent posts list.

The yellow underline is the only part that maybe confusing you, if you scroll down and see the results, they actually show the correct results for new posts, or recent posts ( although they will be very similar ).

It's just that the yellow under line doesnt move because both are essentially "new posts". We could remove the yellow line if its really that confusing but it wouldnt achive much as the results below it will still be correct.

A good way to test it, is to look at new posts, read a thread. Then look at new posts again and that thread willl be gone from the list. Then look at recent posts, you will see that thead is still in the recent posts list.
Hi Kev (your location gives you away ;)), it is confusing and clunky and should be better - I'm sorry.
You hit the "Recent Posts" button on the first menu bar and you get a search which you expect to be all recent posts (inc "New Posts" as by definition they are recent) but the screen tells you that you are in "New Posts". So you hit the "Recent Posts" in the second menu bar hoping to resolve this confusion and no, the yellow underline remains stuck to "New Posts" instead of moving to "Recent Posts". You actually do not know if you are in "New Posts" or "Recent Posts" unless you do as you describe above. Shouldn't have to do that - that has to be a failing of the software. When you hit "Recent Posts" that's what folks will expect. They do not expect to have to carry out the chicanery that you outline to establish they are in the place they expected to be in. I only make this point a little more forcefully than before because I feel the forum should be as easy to use and understand as possible. Make it complicated/illogical and folks get turned off. There must be a solution.

Also to me very confusing and not giving the results i want .
There need to be just one button , showing all the posts added since the last vistit ....
That to me is recent posts /new posts / what's new ....or whatever you may name it at that point .
But why 3 diffrent tabs ?
Confusing .
And.....off putting. Something we should avoid. We should be making it easy for folks to understand and participate. (I am a bit grumpy about this backward step).

Not as easy to use as the old forum for some reason . Not sure why . Maybe a bit confusing and cold but looks more modern .....but looks aren’t everything ! Sometime simple and logical is best .

It's a few months gone by now and generally an overall improvement. Only negative I find now is slightly awkward to use emojis where you have to close the window manually before you can continue , and the emojis themselves don't seem to convey the meaning as effectively as previous (slightly different expressions).

POST ORDER
Probably been asked before but can the post order be changed so recent posts come first (top of page 1) instead of last so saves scrolling down, just seems more logical and other forums do it in this order.

POST ORDER
Probably been asked before but can the post order be changed so recent posts come first (top of page 1) instead of last so saves scrolling down, just seems more logical and other forums do it in this order.
I kindda like it the way it is, like reading a book, you wouldn't start on the back page, and you get to know they whole story/ thread before you comment (and saves repeating comments)

POST ORDER
You can always use the "Jump to New" button.

Again I am lost at how to create a new photo album...

It was an issue before, then it was solved and worked, now again I cannot find the function anymore...

It was an issue before, then it was solved and worked, now again I cannot find the function anymore...

I have never done this myself but is it via this way ?
IMG_1548.PNG

I would do it with this steps (as hotel california pictured):
1. Log in
2. Open Media on the right side
596058e1662ef64709cf6072a8ea7f03.jpg

3. Add new media
f023db4c78c0a593bdd813d099e10e2b.jpg

4. Choose public member gallery
b99e5b91db60f3212628905a680a34c1.jpg

5. Choose your pictures and you‘re done.

Thank you, I had found this option.

But as you can see, the only options are 'public gallery' or 'add media to an existing album'. I don't want to add media to the public gallery nor to an existing album. I wanted to create a new album and add media there. Nowhere can I find how to create a new album, something like 'add an album' or 'add media to new album'.

Thank you, I had found this option.

But as you can see, the only options are 'public gallery' or 'add media to an existing album'. I don't want to add media to the public gallery nor to an existing album. I wanted to create a new album and add media there. Nowhere can I find how to create a new album, something like 'add an album' or 'add media to new album'.

Copy that. Sorry, I had to try it myself and honestly it is easier if you work with a desktop/laptop:

1. Do as said above (you can test upload a picture)
2. Check your Media visiting your profil
3. Choose your Media like in the added picture and move them to an new album (you are going to create a new one).
Album 1.jpegAlbum 2.jpegAlbum 3.jpeg

OK, so the procedure is: upload a picture to an existing album, then move it to a new album.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

OK, so the procedure is: upload a picture to an existing album, then move it to a new album.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes, just „test“ upload one so you can see how it works. However maybe there is a smoother way @Mods?

Back