Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Now added Side Streamers from VanStyle. Very inexpensive compared to genuine VW ones. Quality seems good and they are very easy to fit. If they don’t stand the test of time I’ll remove them.
Note, you have to order the SWB - Twin Sliding Doors version for a California with the sliding door on the drivers side.

View attachment 83528

View attachment 83529

View attachment 83530

View attachment 83532

View attachment 83533
Now removed the ‘chrome’ side streamers. Why?
1. They mark very easily when cleaning and then look naff in the sunshine. 2. Coming unstuck here and there.
Oh well! They were cheap and you get what you pay for.

Now removed the ‘chrome’ side streamers. Why?
1. They mark very easily when cleaning and then look naff in the sunshine. 2. Coming unstuck here and there.
Oh well! They were cheap and you get what you pay for.
If it’s any consolation the expensive VW ones aren’t much better

If it’s any consolation the expensive VW ones aren’t much better
Not loosing any sleep. Apart from the degraded appearance I didn’t want to risk one detaching at speed and damaging my paintwork, hitting another vehicle or worse case a cyclist/pedestrian - the edges are sharp enough to do some serious damage to somebody!

I am always a little chilly at night up top so I invested in a Vango Radiate double sleeping bag. New this year, it has Graphene heating elements which warm up very quickly just using a powerbank attached to the USB cable on the left hand side. Four push button settings from High (red led) to Low (white led) and on a full normal battery pack it will last up to 6 hours and 2 hours respectively. What a transformation. Almost instantly warm and a 10 tog rating. Previously I topped the sleeping bag with fleeces and a dressing gown to add warmth - neither were needed at all. We had the same sleeping bag but an older version without the heat panels and are now planning to get another Radiate.

Last edited:
We also invested in a small double Panda mattress topper for the downstairs bed. about 5cm thick and it makes an amazing difference to the bed downstairs. We just fold it back when not using the bed onto the rear shelf and there is no need to pack away. Cost around £130. Worth every penny and the removable cover is made with a lovely soft bamboo material which unzips for washing.

We also invested in a small double Panda mattress topper for the downstairs bed. about 5cm thick and it makes an amazing difference to the bed downstairs. We just fold it back when not using the bed onto the rear shelf and there is no need to pack away. Cost around £130. Worth every penny and the removable cover is made with a lovely soft bamboo material which unzips for washing.
Ooh interesting... is that as well as or instead of the 'comfort' mattress?

As to the "Folding Fire": we are using the large version and it is great for campfires. But use it as a BBQ is no succes: the distance between fire and grill is to large for an effective use. We only use it for marsh mellows and bread sticks ..

Not sure what you mean by comfort mattress. Just placed the Panda topper on the seat-to-bed when folded down.
great, thanks. The comfort mattress is an option when you buy from new - VW's mattress topper - it's not very comfortable!

Which one is that @Graham T ? Couldn't find anyone local to me for PPF, so was contemplating one of these. I know some owners are not keen on them, suggesting dirt can get underneath. But I was thinking that I could pop it on for trips to the other end of the country and remove it otherwise. Be interested to hear your feedback on it. Thanks

Nothing exciting, I bought a fuel angel that just arrived in today's mail.

Because I don't function well without quality coffee. Espresso and pour-over hand grinder. I'll be using the coffee in a Picopresso once its restocked.View attachment 82404
FYI The Picopresso is back in stock, about to pull the trigger on one

edit: Oooff was dearer than I thought. Didn't realise it's 125Eur plus VAT.

Worked out 157Eur plus shipping from official Wacaco site, or 143Eur inc shipping from "official"(?) Wacaco Aliexpress shop, but won't ship til 25th Oct.

Last edited:
Which one is that @Graham T ? Couldn't find anyone local to me for PPF, so was contemplating one of these. I know some owners are not keen on them, suggesting dirt can get underneath. But I was thinking that I could pop it on for trips to the other end of the country and remove it otherwise. Be interested to hear your feedback on it. Thanks
Hi Stuart. Got it from VanStyle. Totally valid point about the dirt underneath (although it is a snug fit) but easy enough to remove and refit for cleaning. Just back from our first weekend away with it fitted and we're really happy with it.

Hi Stuart. Got it from VanStyle. Totally valid point about the dirt underneath (although it is a snug fit) but easy enough to remove and refit for cleaning. Just back from our first weekend away with it fitted and we're really happy with it.
Great. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I could be tempted for longer trips soaking up motorway miles.

Back