Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Let the tweaking begin starting with the stupid bing bongs when the doors open...

View attachment 95774

**Update**

Worked perfectly - dings now off and no more annoyance. The option to have the folding mirrors go up when you lock is now enabled as well so no need to long press now. Best 25 quid spent so far.
Did you have to pay for a subscription to change those settings using Carista?

Did you have to pay for a subscription to change those settings using Carista?
When you first use the Carista (after buying), you get a free month of the premium features. You have to subscribe for a year to get that, but you can cancel it anytime within the first free month.

Is it still a useful item to have once you stop the subscription?

As far as I’m aware it won’t really be useful. I think it will show you that you have errors etc but you won’t be able to see what they are without paying. You can just pay for a month ad hoc

Let the tweaking begin starting with the stupid bing bongs when the doors open...

View attachment 95774

**Update**

Worked perfectly - dings now off and no more annoyance. The option to have the folding mirrors go up when you lock is now enabled as well so no need to long press now. Best 25 quid spent so far.

New owner of a Coast (arrived 9/6/21). Delighted so far. No annoying bing bongs on the doors. Is this because it’s more basic/manual than an Ocean or are my bing bongs missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I use for error codes. Very useful to tell garages what’s wrong. £69 but no subscriptions obvs.

ANCEL VD500 OBD II Diagnostic Scanner for Volkswagen VW Audi Skoda Seat Diagnosis Check Engine Light EPB ABS SRS Code Reader Oil Throttle Position Adaption Brake Pad Reset Tool https://amzn.eu/d/1VrQkzG

ahhh very good choice, I opted for the Flair 58 after much deliberation! Good grinder and the bellman milk steamer means better coffee than most cafe's here in Portugal
This is the problem with this thread. I start looking up Bellman Milk Steamer. That YouTube video was pretty funny though. People take this seriously.
We had better coffee in the van than at home for years until I got a Bialetti stovetop for home too.

I also bought my Carista to get rid of the anyone door beep. I then needed to change the engine battery so used Carista to give the battery to the engine. Even without subscribing you can check the charge of the engine battery. For £25 I think it is very good value.

ahhh very good choice, I opted for the Flair 58 after much deliberation! Good grinder and the bellman milk steamer means better coffee than most cafe's here in Portugal
As for milk foam on-the-go I'm going to give the French Press a shot. I like the look of the microfoam using this technique. Can't stand the Starbucks over-aerated crap.

Fitted our new bike rack - Atera Genio Pro. It’s replaced our Thule Velospace XT3 which was great but turned out to be too big for our needs. So far, so good. Very happy with it.

View attachment 95772

View attachment 95773
Nice. I was about to order the Velospace XT3 but looks quite big - like the look of this. Do you know if there's enough clearance for a sliding boot shelf to come out? Can't find that info but doesn't look like it to me.

Nice. I was about to order the Velospace XT3 but looks quite big - like the look of this. Do you know if there's enough clearance for a sliding boot shelf to come out? Can't find that info but doesn't look like it to me.
Yes the drawer can fully slide out.

22209B26-FCB9-496B-8BB8-0E7BCB1FC059.jpeg

Which drawer do you have?
The one for the t6.1 (710 deep) from CaliCap.de
710 deep to fit the t6.1 bench seat with lounge function. Deeper drawer can be fitted but it means the bench seat has to be positioned slightly forward resulting in a gap between seat back and bed board. Not a major issue.

F22D914A-01E4-43B7-9BAB-631984ED8AB2.png

They add 14mm to the height at the highest point of the roof, which still keeps the van under 2m. Often, depending on how the awing was bolted on, they are the same height or lower, than the awning.,
We had no issues on our standard T6.1 Coast with awning and Solar Camper Solutions 100w panel squeezing under the 2m height barriers on the French autoroutes last month...

As far as I’m aware it won’t really be useful. I think it will show you that you have errors etc but you won’t be able to see what they are without paying. You can just pay for a month ad hoc
Yup, correct. You can see what the options are available but not make any changes.

When you try to make a change it takes you to a sign up that "auto renews" through Apple Store but does not kick in for a month - so a "free" month. It's one of those hacks where a large % of people forget to cancel and they make recurring dough that way.

I've marked in my diary to cancel the day before.

The monthly cost is a tenner vs 47 quid for the year - another hack to get you to choose the year.

If I need to make changes again after my free month I'll just do the monthly option and also cancel immediately. That way you get 4 changes a year for less than the cost of the full year. Likely to not need more than that. TBH I have the two changes I want, I will only need again if VW reset after the service in a years time.

New owner of a Coast (arrived 9/6/21). Delighted so far. No annoying bing bongs on the doors. Is this because it’s more basic/manual than an Ocean or are my bing bongs missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you check out Wills video on YT it's a funny error. If you just open the drivers door to do the roof, it's fine. But if you open the side door (or any other door) it bings and stays binging, even if you close the rogue doors.

We were out today and had a number of doors open when raising - just having silent made a world of difference.

Don't leave that plugged in. The inverter will be ON when this is plugged in. There is a chance that it may burn out the inverter (it is not a great inverter anyways)/drain battery (though very slowly hopefully).
Very true. I noticed that a while back - even when I was just using the little usb plug-in that you can get from the VWCC store. Noticed it was draining the battery even with nothing plugged in. Only plug-in when you need to use it!

Fully tested and setup Nebula Max from the Prime Day sales. All ready to go for Penhale this weekend. Not as simple to setup and use as you would think but got there in the end. Impressively small though with good sound and zero noise. Much better than my PicoMax.

D169A881-0C37-4348-94B5-18C02F6BE15D.jpeg

Fully tested and setup Nebula Max from the Prime Day sales. All ready to go for Penhale this weekend. Not as simple to setup and use as you would think but got there in the end. Impressively small though with good sound and zero noise. Much better than my PicoMax.

View attachment 96211
Nice! If you contact them you can get on their beta test program and then access the Google store to download a bigger range of apps such as skygo

Back