Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

So far this week, the Cali has been treated to a new Cambelt, water pump, two rear tyres, screen wash, wiper blades, roof box and a clean inside and out with the windows getting clay-barred.
Road-trip time…:Stig

ED3835EB-8559-4B59-B047-5456DB0EB0FD.jpeg

BDFC64A7-F6CD-4002-B5CA-858A53837299.jpeg

No firm plans as such. Going to make a beeline for Lauterbrunnen and then take it from there.
:thumb
Gr
No firm plans as such. Going to make a beeline for Lauterbrunnen and then take it from there.
:thumb
Great location.
Expensive but a trip up to the top of the Jungfrau on the rack and pinion railway is fabulous.
Have fun.

Dead fly bonnet
Wash your Cali as normal then use a clay bar instead of a sponge, chamois and finger nail to remove all of the dead fly residue from your bonnet and bumper, roof front and wing mirrors.

Absolutely effortless, the bonnet took less than one minute to clean off one months worth of insects.

1658400927462.jpeg

Dead fly bonnet
Wash your Cali as normal then use a clay bar instead of a sponge, chamois and finger nail to remove all of the dead fly residue from your bonnet and bumper, roof front and wing mirrors.

Absolutely effortless, the bonnet took less than one minute to clean off one months worth of insects.

View attachment 96515
I would agree - clay needs to be used carefully but is amazing stuff - great for getting rid of tar spots also. When you feel the surface afterwards, it is only then you realise what smoooothh really means.

Only thing I am not sure about (but can guess the answer) is whether I can use my clay bars on the vinyl lower half of the cali... Anyone know? Actually I just googled it and while they dont exactly say no, the answer is effectively no:

"CLAYING - In most cases the use of clay or decontamination should be avoided as these can potentially cause marring or scuffing which cannot be corrected without replacing the vinyl. Should you encounter a situation where overspray or other contamination cannot be removed by regular cleaning then a fine grade clay cloth can be used. Be sure to use generous amounts of lubrication and/or increase your dilution of pH Neutral Car Shampoo lubrication to help avoid potential issues."

Dead fly bonnet

Clay bars great, but sometimes too good as they will also any strip previous wax / glosss coats off. Chamois will take longer but old wax will remain intact.

This stuff is good to use ( between our vans Annual autoglym polish + gloss coat):

- Ridge monkey XL (just the right size for a tin of beans)
- Solo stove ‘campfire’ for twigs
- Fire blanket and mini extinguisher

Tested the stove and Ridgemonkey camping out with my boy.

So excited waiting for our Cali to arrive so using ‘Camp mode’ in our Tesla Model Y as the closest thing.

DA3A1EC4-E22D-407E-A1E0-4EA79E995AC4.jpeg

- Ridge monkey XL (just the right size for a tin of beans)
- Solo stove ‘campfire’ for twigs
- Fire blanket and mini extinguisher

Tested the stove and Ridgemonkey camping out with my boy.

So excited waiting for our Cali to arrive so using ‘Camp mode’ in our Tesla Model Y as the closest thing.

View attachment 96593
As you’re into Ridge Monkey cookware, we can recommend the griddle and pan set. So far we’ve tried, sautéed potatoes (many times, with garlic etc), steaks, chilli, curry, chicken stew, beef stew, pasta, scrambled egg.

As you’re into Ridge Monkey cookware, we can recommend the griddle and pan set. So far we’ve tried, sautéed potatoes (many times, with garlic etc), steaks, chilli, curry, chicken stew, beef stew, pasta, scrambled egg.
Thanks. I was looking at the steamer version too but I should have probably got that instead of the regular one.

The pan set would be good. Can you store anything inside it?

Went to the Norfolk Motorhome and Campervan Show looking for a windscreen cover. Came back with a corkscrew ground anchor for the dog and a 160W EcoFlow folding solar panel to go with my EcoRiver Pro.

Though I should share a recent purchase that we are loving. An Isabella Griddle for use on top of Bistro2 stove (stores with stove under rear seat in one of thedrawer/tray spaces in our beach). B3D688B4-F844-4C26-AB17-FF5EC7AC0697.jpeg

+1 for RM griddle pan set

Thanks. I was looking at the steamer version too but I should have probably got that instead of the regular one.

The handles are in a neoprene bag, that go inside, but there’s still a bit of space for small non scratchy things like fold flat small bowls I guess.

We went to TK Max and bought some kitchen utensils: a veg steamer and a grater from Joseph&Joseph

image.jpg

The steamer ”rack” is plastic, might not be good on open flame. I’ve heard a few people complaining because it’s melted.

Back